Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I posted my first hello to the wrong place!!! :oops:

Well I am not too good with these computer thinggies. But I am learning ... fast :!: :roll:

What I really wanted to do was to say 'hello' to everyone and introduce myself and Millie. (Dark Jayne :wink: )

OOh these emoticons are fun aren't they :!:

Anyway, I have had Millie for only a few weeks. She is a 2 yrs old black labrador and 'ador' is right... I absolutely adore her :)

I am a Fitness Instructor and reckon I am quite fit and healthy, but I can tell you, she can out run me anyday!

I shall learn how to post pics here so you can see her. There are so many lovely labs on here.

If I lived in the South I would come along to the meeting later this summer, take a pic of everyone together and post that here too... well I guess somebody could still do that. Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe sell em and give the proceeds to the guide dogs :?: Is that something you could do :?:

I abseiled down the side of Salts Mill in Yorkshire and raised quite a tidy sum for the guide dogs Association. Cured my fear of heights too 8O lol.

Hope someone says hello back!

Liz

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi liz
welcome to the wonderful mad world of labs. glad to hear that you have been able to give millie a new forever home. shes a lucky girl. look foward to hearing more about her.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi Liz

Welcome to the forum! :D

Where did you get Millie from? Is she a rescue lab? We look forward to seeing some photos of her!

Speak soon
Sarah, Charlie & Izzie xxx

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi lix i said hello in the other so i followed you over here aswell..lol.

welcome to the forums

look forward to seeing some piccies of millie :p :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou for welcoming us!! :)

Charliebrewer... I got Millie from a lady who had posted a rehome ad, which I located through the forum.

She settled in with us (3 teenagers and me) straight away and she has been at my feet, or running around after me, like my shadow, ever since. She is really well behaved and very affectionate. She is even considerate of my 4 cats, allowing them to eat her dinner :roll:
Maybe she should learn how to be assertive :?

Soon as I have some pics I will post them.

Millie and I are signing out now, walkies then bed :D

Nice to meet you all,

Liz

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Liz

Welcome to the forum

It's good to hear that the forums re-home ads worked for you :)

Well done with the abseiling 8O glad you raised some funds for the GDA

Look forward to seeing some pics of Millie :)

Kev

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Our lab Corbie who's 6 months is slowly getting me fit again! I hike up the hills here in Scotland but sometimes my legs just won't work :lol:

Hope you enjoy being part of the Lab community here :wink:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Liz, welcome to the forums - don't know where I'd be without them - they are VERY addictive!! :lol:

Wow - Salts Mill - I know that mill, it is a bit high, to say the least, congrats on doing it and raising funds for G.D's

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hiya and welcome ...............

You will find load of info and help here....and the peeps are great too...enjoy :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi everyone!

Thanks for such a lovely warm welcome. I have been clicking away with my camera so very soon I shall try to work out how to put Millies pics here. :roll:

We have had a full house this week with school holidays bringing friends and rellies from all over the place to stay. Wondered how Millie would react, but she had loved all the attention from young and old alike. :lol:

You guys look to have some lovely labs. I shall have to be sure to send in a good pic of my baby. Might send one of us both too, maybe!! :oops:

Have a great weekend one and all.

:D Liz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts