Labradors Forums banner

Hi

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  chix 
#1 ·
Hi

I adore Labradors there (to me) the best breed ever , i grew up around them and have always loved the breed and knew they were the breed to go with when i am ready to own my own dog.

I feel comfortable with the breed as i know them very well and feel the most confident if i stick with what i know if that makes sense.

I have only just got my own place and am decorating and getting it dog safe, Im hoping to bring my own labrador puppy home in around 2years or so when im settled and ready

#3 ·
It may seem like it's a bit soon, but start looking at the type of Labrador you want, show or working, and what sort of dogs you like, chunkier, slimmer or the more traditional moderate shapes, and talk to breeders sooner rather than later. I've seen a lot of people looking for Labradors thinking it only takes a few months to find a good litter, in actual fact it can take a lot longer, there are a lot of dogs bred that are simply from litters that have very little thought if any behind them, and very few breeders sadly do all the health tests recommended for Labradors when breeding.

As well as my three Labradors I have a flat coated retriever and a rescue foxhound, and as much as I love those two, the Labradors are definitely the breed I will be continuing with. I'm hoping to bring in a puppy later this year, and, as above, as soon as the litter was possibly going ahead, the breeder had a full waiting list and some in reserve. Not only is it a lovely combination of pedigrees but both dogs are fully health tested with good results, exciting stuff!

#4 ·
Labradors are thé best. I’ve just put my name down for another in a years time 😁

Reactions: 160492 and Deboragh
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.