Labradors Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just collected our beautiful 3yr old black lab bitch Lightning, she is stunning!!! ( will post a pic shortly) she is our first dog since having Max our goldie when we were growing up.She has a fantastic temprament soft as anything, although i have been awake all night with her howling missing her brother and her mum and dad as you would expect also she was kenneled outside so again being indoors will take abit of getting used to. No doubt you will all hear from me as i seek advice! regards Ste.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Hello :D
Welcome to LF. I hope you find it as useful as i have done.
Hope lightning settles soon. The first night we got Diesel from the rescue center he spent it crying. He ended up sleeping out side our bedroom door until he was used to us. :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi Ste, welcome to you and Lightening, I`m assuming you mean 3 months rather than 3 yrs? :D , just thinking that a 3yo dog probably wouldn`t still be with siblings and parents.

As long as the neighbours aren`t too disturbed by her howling I`d leave her to it, hopefully she`ll soon learn that it doesn`t get the attentiuon she wants, also you could try putting a old t shirt of a family member in her crate/bed with her, this may help if she has the scent of people :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts