Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO EVERYONE,

MY NAME IS TRACEY AND I LIVE IN HUNTINGDON CAMBS, I HAVE A CHOC LAB CALLED HOLLY WHO IS 5 MONTHS OLD AND NOW TAKES UP MOST OF MY LIFE!!!
GEE, I THOUGHT THE KIDS WERE BAD!! BUT SHE IS WITH ME CONSTANTLY, GETTING ME INTO TROUBLE AND NEVER GIVING ME A MINUTES PEACE!!!
NOT THAT I WOULD HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY, MY SON IS 9 AND DEAF, WE WANTED A DOG THAT WOULD BE GENTLE WITH HIM AND MY OTHER TWO CHILDREN AS WELL, HOLLY IS NOW OUR 4TH CHILD! :lol:

I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION, WE HAVE HAD HER NEARLY 3 AND A HALF MONTHS NOW AND SHE HAS ONLY EVER BARKED ONCE!! I KNOW I SHOULD NOT MOAN AND BELIEVE ME I AM NOT, I AM JUST WONDERING WHEN THEY FIND THERE VOICES SO THAT I AM READY!!

MANY THANKS FOR THIS SITE IT IS GREAT

TRACE

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi There,

Welcome to the forums!

I wouldn't worry, Corbie took a while to start barking but at 6 months he has definitely found his voice at last, and usually has a bark at the watercan when he goes out into the garden :lol:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Hi

I wouldn't concern yourself at this early stage.....

Bailey hardly ever barked and now barks quite a bit - mainly at other dogs and cats but boy is he loud!!!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :D

Ben took a while to find his voice too and he loves to chase the lawn mower and bark at it..lol

Cristina

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS

hi

many thanks for your replies, i am glad to see that holly is not the only one!

i am sure i will be spending many a hour looking through everything, and hope to speak to you all again

trace :D

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi :D

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site - we all certainly do! I'm sure you will find it a great help.

Harvey is 6 months now and only really started to bark recently.

Best wishes

Fay

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Trace

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll really enjoy it here and find lots of useful tips.

I grew up just outside Huntingdon, in Godmanchester, and went to school there (the dreaded Hinchingbrooke!). I now live just outside Cambridge, in Hardwick.

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi Trace

Welcome to the forum - I am sure that you will find loads of advice on here like we all do!

Like the others have said dont worry about Holly not barking much yet, in a few months time you will wish she didnt!!! Our Charlie is 1 now and Izzie is 3 and they bark at anything that they think is out of the ordinary, including ANY noise outside, doorbells on the TV - anything......!!! :roll:

So, make the most of these quiet days.....!! :D

Sarah

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Hi

Welcome to this great forum

Hershey os 6 and doesnt bar alot but when he does He barks rally loud I think it is too make up for not barking alot hehehe

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Trace,

Hope you enjoy the forums and find them as informative as we do :D

Shadow is now 7 and very rarely barks, occassionally at the hoover :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts