Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya :D
My names Jess, I'm 15 years old and live in derbyshire!
I havn't actually got a labrador...I'm getting one in the summer!! YAY!! So I thought I'd join this to see if I could get any tips for when I do!!!

xxx

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Jess
Welcome. Have you a puppy booked from a litter yet? Pleaase research and go to a reputable breeder. Or maybe you could give a Rescue dog a good home. Best wishes

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
megaloo said:
Hi Jess
Welcome. Have you a puppy booked from a litter yet? Pleaase research and go to a reputable breeder. Or maybe you could give a Rescue dog a good home. Best wishes

We havn't got one booked yet no because were still looking into the breeders. Me and my mum did think about a rescue dog but because we Have a cat, Monty, we thought it would be best to get a puppy like some of our friends did.

xxx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Jess!
I bet you are very excited about getting your puppy in the summer, i know we were. However, get ready for it to change your life! On a positive note your puppy will create many amusing hours of fun- playing, eating, sleeping, playing, sleeping, eating!
Now for the reality- they can be sick wherever they like- normally on something you like very much! They will wake you up very early especially on the days you want a lie in. Make sure you catch up on sleep now.
On a serious note, your lab will be a friend for life and will always look afetr you and eat anything you give it- you will no longer need a kitchen bin!! Let us know of any questions you may have as our choc lab is now 11 months old and we will be able to offer lots of advice!xxxxx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi jess,

I have an 8 month old choccy lab called cookie, best thing i ever bought shes great company, and so friendly, well when shes not tripping me up and stealing my socks and tea towels. but i love her to bits.
Hope you will be as happy as me,

Just watch what they eat as cookie likes the kitchen bin when she gets bored

Lindsay xx

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi jess and dutch.

a big welcome to the site to both of you.
jess, its good to see you are doing your home work before getting your pup. every one here will try to help guide you to getting your new best friend. ask all the questions you want no matter how silly they seem.
dutch. still at the cuddly stage then :D whats your pups name and do you have any piccys of him/her? we love pictures on her.
all the best to both of you.
enjoy the site.
jane and max.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts