Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I hope this is not a duplicate post as I kinda lost the first one. We got ourself a yellow lab x puppy 3 weeks ago at first sight I called him Toby but pronounced in French which is Tuby. He just turned 8 weeks on Saturday. Hubby doesn't like the name so were looking for another name if anyone has any ideal. Toby looks like the puppy in the Cottonelle commercials the one where he slides in the toilet paper and the one that he's at the spa.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Hi Mamie and welcome to the forum, I haven't seen the cottonella aderts, but it might be just a Canadian thing. I kind of like the name Toby (Tuby), and can't think of any other names, but then it is Monday morning and my brain isn't working yet!

It is, I'm afraid, absolutely compulsory that you have to post puppy pics, ok, not compulsory maybe, but we all love to see them :D

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Hi and Welcome. I too love the name Toby - ignore yout husband- what do these men know about choosing cool names anyway?!!! If mine had had a say in it then I would have ended up with a Razor, Gnasher and Knuckles! :lol: :wink:

I worked in Toronto for 2 years many years ago - I love Canada.

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Hi and welcome,

I love the name Toby too! We had a smashing dog called Toby.

Cottonelle is called Andrex here in the UK and we have those adverts too :)

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Hi and welcome, :D

I got all excited then thinking someone had joined living down the road from me - I live 10 miles from Sudbury, England :roll:

I also think that Toby is a cool name :D and would love to see some pictures of him :wink:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi Mamie and welcome to LF, I`m imagining your Cottenelle ads are similar to our Andrex ones, I have no idea on names either, sorry :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Mamie,

Welcome to LF!

I know the Cottonelle ads. I lived in Etobicoke, Toronto for 4 years!
They are exactly like our Andrex ads. Lovely cuddly yellow pup wrapped in loo roll!

I sure don't miss the winters!!!!

Make sure Toby's (love the name) paws don't freeze.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like that name too but the reason hubby doesn't like it is that he doesn't want to be rude to any black person how years ago that was a bad name for black people.he just doesn't want to be disrespectful...but we thought of Texas Tex for short but the name hubby wanted was texas holdem ya not.lol I will shrink a pic of my pups and put them on. we also have Harley that is a 2 year old yorkie of 7 lbs and a long haired mini dashchund of a year named Dodger.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You could always go all creative and call him Andrex (drex for short??)

and then when explaining to people, tell them that a bunch of mad girlies in the UK are loo paper mad??

Welcome to LF - more pup pics please!!

x

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Hello and welcome to LF i have a friend stay in Toronto and i was over there two year ago and i loved it and I'm plan to come over again for my holidays

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

Since everyone else is mentioning their Canadian connections ... we got married in Toronto :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts