Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, probably seen a few posts from me over the past couple of weeks as we prepared for our new arrival. However, I thought that it was probably time to introduce ourselves to you all properly now that he is finally with us :D

We collected our black lab Lucca, on Wednesday from his breeder in Derby - he will be 7 weeks old tomorrow and is absolutely gorgeous!!
After a bit of a nightmare journey taking nearly 3 1/2 hours due to an accident on the M1 he finally arrived at his new home - he seems to take everything in his stride - he sleeps through the night, doing pretty well on the toilet training (most accidents are down to us not getting to him quick enough) is very happy to be left alone and has even learnt to sit on command - so I think we are very fortunate in comparison to how we had imagined it to be!

Our only major problem at the moment is the play biting - we are trying all the tips from the various posts on the matter but gosh it is hard and very painful :( The children have been really good, also trying to yelp and ignore him if he hurts, but I must admit at points yesterday I did feel a little exasperated trying to detatch a puppy from someones trouser leg!
Offering a toy in substitution didn't work - the thigh was definately more interesting and tasty!! :evil:

Still on the whole life is great - there is nothing nicer than watching him bound after the childrent around the garden, ears flapping, tail wagging and those bandy little legs are just sooooo cute :D I think the thing that has hit me most is how quickly you fall in love with these wonderful creatures - even after 4days I cannot imagine life without him!
Sarah
x

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi sarah

yes i know what you mean once you get your pup/dog home its like they have been with your forever and life wouldnt be the same with out them..lol.

glad he got home safely and is settling in well :p :p you have a lot of fun and games ahead of you good luck..

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi Sarah

Glad to hear Lucca has arrived and he is becoming part of the family,it's hard to think what you done before you got a pup,i'm sure you will have plenty of fun & games :lol: .

Best Wishes

margaret

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi sarah and lucca
glad its all going well for you. funny how quickly they become part of your life.
sounds like you are doing the right things with the play biting but im afraid its just perseverence and patience. it does get better but takes a while to do so.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Sounds like your pup has settled in well.. :D I'm afraid like Jane says it is a case of perseverence and patience, these things don't happen over night but it will get better.

Good luck :wink:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Sarah

Glad Lucca is settling in,puppies are lovely and hard work at times but like Jane and Cristina says it does get better! Stick at it with the play biting and you will get there in the end. :)

Kev

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Sarah :)

Lucca sounds a little sweetheart!

We had to same problem with play biting, Harvey was always hanging off someones trouser leg. It does get better I promise!

Good luck with everything

Fay

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Sarah
Good luck with Lucca hope he brings you lots of pleasure. Regards Meg

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi sarah....

:D Lucca surely feels no place like home and you are enjoying every moment....treasure them... :D

Happy Moments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts