Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every1,
i have recently adopted tiggy she is 3 years old and is a black lab.
she has had a rough deal,she was kept in a barn with a 100 other labs until she was taken to the rspca and she was there for 3 months.
it hasnt taken her long to settle in the family home,she loves her walks,but doesnt like toys or treats.
she is a proper mummys girl,she follows me everywhere i go.
she,s a greedy guts aswell she would eat allday if u let her.
at the moment you have to go to her for a fuss,so im quite looking forward to her coming to us.
just as all my girls are grown into teenages i have gone and got myself another baby.but she is well worth it and she deserves a good life.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Flaine,

It's good to have you join us, welcome to the site.

I am so pleased to hear Tiggy has now been given a second chance at life, and found a proper home with someone who loves her.

From what you have said, it sounds similar to a case i read about in the news, a while back, where by a breeder in Norfolk kept 280 dogs, and thankfully the RSPCA managed to rehome 180 of the Labrador puppies. (Not sure how much is true but makes you think doesn't it)

I'm sure it won't take her long to come to you for a cuddle, i suppose if she has been kept with all those other dogs, then she hasn't had that much human contact. Bless her - she sounds lovely, good for you for giving her another chance.

Have fun on Labforums, and i look forward to hearing more about Tiggy soon.

Regards

Julie

P.S Do you have any photos of Tiggy?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tiggy

hi bradleysmum,thanx for the warm welcome.
you are right about tiggy,she is one of the dogs that was rescued from norfolk.but we was told the bloke that bred them got in contact with the rspca because he couldnt get rid.
and one of the questions i asked was is tiggy interbred,but ive been told not as she would have adnormalities,but she has had pups,thats proberbly why she howls and whines abit,but we give her plenty of love.she has become attached to a fur ball what we call her baby.
i know its going to take time for her to come to us for some loving,as she is still flinching when we go to her and she runs away when she see's her lead,it takes us ages to chase her around the house and get her to put her lead on,its quite funny.she does love a bath though she sits there as good as gold and i tell her all the time she is a good girl,but she doesnt like any treats we have bought for her.its proberbly because she has never had them before i understand that but she just doesnt like anythng not even chew sticks or meaty bones..
all advice is always apriciated..

elaine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts