Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all,

Its great to see that the forum is back up and running again. Well done to Julie and Dave for how quickly it was up and running again! :p

I have just been adding Jess' photos to another album for everyone to see. I love browsing the gallery and looking at all the lovely labs!

Infact, Gordon has set his heart on getting another!! I have told him he will have to wait until we move! At the moment we are in a ground floor flat and I'm just starting get it the way I want it and to repair all the damage Jess has done!!!

Does anyone have any idea if its better to have two of the same sex for when we go on the hunt for another lab?

Cheers!

Lynne :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
i have to female labs a lot of ppl say same sex dogs is asking for trouble ie; fighting ..but i have to say ive always had 2 females and have had no problems at all i cant comment on the males as i havent had any (only charlie but he is a cavalier king charles spaniel..lol..)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a 5 months old lab (Bridget) and a mongrel puppy I recently found on the streets (Lucy nearly got knocked down by a car and we took her home) and they absolutely love each other like mother and daughter. Regards,

Labrazil.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Welcome back to the forums :D

I'd love another but Graeme says one is enough :lol: I'll give him a couple of years, he may have forgotten Corbie's puppy months by then :wink:

p.s. Just been looking at Jess' photos and Corbie also likes to sleep under the coffee table, although he has trouble getting up now as he's too tall really to fit under it :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Lynne,

Welcome back - lovely to have you join us again. :D

How's young Jess doing?

We too have talked about getting another lab, i think once you get a lab you either say 'one's enough' or 'i want more' !! lol. :lol:

I don't think we will add to our family for a couple of years though, it will be something nice to look forward to in the future!

The photos in the galleries are great aren't they! I could sit for hours just looking through the albums!

Have fun, catch up with you soon.

All the best,

Julie

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hello fello lurkers

After my experiences with 2 bitches :) , and then the problems of trying to train a male dog, I would have a whole kennel of 10 bitches, compared to males, so much trouble so too speak..... :p almost as temperamental as the male species of our sex.... :lol:

Colette

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies!

Karen, we have had to put a waste paper basket under the table to stop Jess going under there. Unfortunately its not always used for sleeping under, its the place to hide if she picks up something that she shouldn't have i.e my slippers!!! ahaha :p

Jess is fine Julie, after all the recent visits to the vets it looks as though we might hopefully have a quiet spell! Fingers crossed! She was one at the end of March, can't believe it! Not much older than your Bradley!

Well, back onto the subject of another dog!!! Gordon seems adamant that he wants a dog instead of a bitch!! But I would like a bitch, looks like we will have to fight it out!!! :lol: I can't imagine the hassle it will cause when Jess goes into heat!! Keeping them apart all the time. Think Jess won't care less, she just loves playing with other dogs no matter what sex they are!!!

Cheers

Lynne

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I've got two bitches. One entire and one neutered. The entire bitch is defintely the dominant one even thought she is younger (and pure labbie). The other is by nature submissive. We do have a dingdong occasionally, usually when one or the other is poorly or there's food involved. Mostly talk though and not action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts