Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must apologize as I have been a member since october last year and have only just got round to saying hi, although I must admit I did post last week for advice!! :oops: I have never owned a lab before and I must admit I am loving every minute of it! It was my husbands idea to get a dog as he goes shooting and he wanted a dog for working. It was a really hard decision to make as to whether we had a dog or not as our son who is 6yrs old has eczema and is (or should I say was) frightened of dogs and this made his little sister the same. So everytime we went to visit the breeder we involved James and Lucy as often as possible, and at first James wouldn't get off my lap but by the time we actually brought Dylan home James and Lucy were arguing over who was going to hold him first!!. Most days James will say "I'm so happy we had Dylan Mummy". This was the best move we have ever made and Dylan is just sooooo perfect. We had him when he was 8wks old and from day one he has gone to the door and cried to go out,Walks to heal and sits for a fuss!! :D
Well I am going to go now, but will be back to the forum again as it is a fantastic site, so much info and help, keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi there!

Welcome to Lab Forums! Sounds like Dylan is a real sweetie and I'm so glad that he has become such a cherished member of your family.

I used to be scared of dogs when I was younger but my mum just borrowed a friend's lab to walk with me and I was forever cured!

Look forward to hearing more about Dylan soon!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have just looked at your pics of Smudge, he is absolutely gorgeous!!
Will try and put a couple of pics of Dylan on the site (If I can get him to sit still long enough!) Dylan is a little camera shy so you might just get a blur :)

Take care

Kerry and Dylan

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, Dylan sounds a cutie and i hope everything is going great! :D Like you i have only been using the forum for awhile now, But it is great, loads of friendly, helpful advice. I have a yellow lab called benson who is 7 months, i had problems trying to put photos on but we got there in the end! :) Hope all goes well and i look forward to hearding loads more on you & Dylan.

Take care

Cristina & Ben :grommit:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi I also have a gorgeous puppy called Mitzie who is nearly 7 months old. We all love her to bits! I am also having trouble putting photos on to the site :?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Christina and Ben,
Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply.....busy,busy week!!
Still trying to get a photo of Dylan but it is proving difficult, short of glueing his feet to the floor I don't know how to keep him still long enough to get a nice shot!!! :roll: He is constantly on the go, he wears me out just watching him I don't know where he gets all his energy from.
I am dreading taking him to the vets on Tuesday to have his stitches out as I know he will be all over the place and he will probably end up coming out minus his ear......or ears!!! :? Anyway, will keep trying to get a photo to post and Dylan can say hi in person!.

Take Care
Kerry and Dylan

·
Registered
421 Posts
My daughter was very wary of dogs...and that was a reason for getting our Lab. It's not good for a child to grow up scared of dogs.

We kept my daughter involved with the whole process of selecting our Lab just as you did...the result is now that she feels very comfortable around dogs. I believe this is very important for the future

Pleased it worked for you too

John

www.marsupialelvis.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts