Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking home from work today I saw a cute puppy near a few people at a bus stop. I thought 'how risky to have a puppy off lead on a main road'... As I walked past, one lady said 'who's puppy is this?', and I was like 'what do you mean he's not YOURS???' and as I said that the puppy started running! So adrenaline kicked in and I started running after him! He stopped at the entrance of a park which was pitch black, so I called him and picked him up when he got to me. Luckily he was wearing a collar with two phone numbers, but I couldn't hold the pup, read the number and dial at the same time. So I walked back to the bus stop and asked the people there to help me read the tag... Guess what they said?... 'Sorry this is our bus' and hopped on, and left me and the pup on our own! A couple came by and I asked them again if they could help me, which they did and they stayed with me while I called both numbers. Neither picked up, so left voicemails 'Hi... I've found your puppy!!'

So I didn't know what to do, how far we were from the pup's house or how long it would take for the owners to get the messages so I started walking back home with the pup. And then panic hit - what if they don't call back? Where am I going to keep him?? How is Cooper going to react to me showing up with another dog??

I looked at my phone and saw two missed calls from the owners, so I called back. The man was really grateful and after giving him directions to where I was he came running (with two other dogs!). The little pup recognised his owner and pack from across the street and it was a very happy reunion! When I described where I found him it was the exit they usually take from the park, so the pup was actually very good in trying to find his way back, but I had no way of knowing that. I did tell the man not to be mad at him and that he was really good, and didn't venture too far and it was me who took him because I couldn't leave him by the side of the busy road. He said I was a life saver. 8)

So I came home and wanted to share this happy story!
Feeling like superwoman right now, but smelling a bit of a strange dog :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Superwoman Kiki - well done!

:D

Cooper would have been great. A puppy visited us last week and Tatze was soooo patient with him (he was a tiny 10 wk old Boston Terrier) he was hanging off her ears and tail, she didn't once try to stop him, she just enjoyed playing and taught him how to chase her around the house. When he got too bitey on her mouth she just flipped him off gently with her paw.

(It made me very puppy-broody!!)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Well done for reacting so fast and doing the right thing. I bet his owner was very grateful, that is so good as so often people seem not to be bothered - like the bus bunch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts