Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave Henry Lilys kitchen as a treat on Saturday and wished i hadn't as he was full of gas all day and night but was fine yesterday. This morning he refused his breakfast and his belly is constantly gurgling. He is next to me on the sofa looking really miserable and we are due in work now.
I think i had better get him checked over by the vet, he has never refused food, ever, even when he had a sickness bug in October. Does anybody think it could be the Lilys kitchen thats upset him? He has never had any problems with different foods before

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just managed to get him an appointment with the vet at 10.50 as he doesn't want to drink. He dehydrated so quickly last time, I'm getting him seen sooner rather than later :(

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Cooper is on Lily's Kitchen chicken and turkey, and doesn't have any problems. The venison one gives him the runs though. Do you think it might have been a bad batch? I'm thinking that if it's indigestion or food poisoning it's usually quicker than this to go through and come out, so the next day it might be a flu or virus.

In any case, I hope it's nothing serious and he gets better soon.

X

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Millie was very poorly for 48 hours last week but she was drinking so I didn't call the vet, although I was very worried about her :( I hope it's nothing too serious x

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just don't know what to think really because like i say, he's never had any problem with foods he has tried and he has nicked plenty, so it sounds more like a bug now. I would be happier if he would drink something but as he hasn't had a sip since last night and I've tried with a syringe, I'm glad he has an appointment to see the vet

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Poor lad. There does seem to be a bug doing the rounds at present. If he's not drinking a visit to the vet is a good idea. Star was kept in overnight to be rehydrated and we only noticed she was ill that afternoon. It can happen so quickly. Hope Henry feels better soon. X

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the vet gave him an anti-sickness jab and said if he wasn't drinking at about 3, to take him back in to be re-hydrated. He's had a few slurps from my hand in the last few minutes and I'm going to put some manuka honey in his bowl. He is feeling very sorry for himself and just slept in his cage at work but at least he has had something. Thanks all x

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hope he's better soon!
There's definitely a bug around - there are many dogs vomiting; Shelby was poorly last week but she had diarrhoea; she was on antibiotics for 10 days & our vet said that she's got a lot of dogs coming with sickness or diarrhoea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts