Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some advice. Due to a change in circumstances I need to rehome my 2 labradors. Ben yellow is 1 and Sophie black is 18months. Im not sure how to go bout it as I want them to go to good homes pref together. im not sure how to go about the whole procress. I wonder if anyone here can help

MAny Thanks Emma

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi etimms
It must have been a difficult decision for you. I'm a volunteer helper with lab rescue, as are some of the other members on here.
Where are you? If you can give your location (pm me if you don't want it on the board) I will try and point you in the right direction.
:)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi etimms
Forgot to mention the obvious, the first port of call should be your breeder. A good breeder will always want any dog they bred back and will either rehome, or help you rehome. Unfortunately many breeders are not interested, particularly if they are breeding commercially, so if this is the case, then I would contact rescue, but I do know some breeders get pretty upset when they find their pups (including adult dogs) have been rehomed without their knowledge. In addition, they may know people wishing to have an older dog, or have people on a waiting list.
HTH :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi etimms
I do understand that it must be very difficult for you at this time. I could also point you in the right direction for Rescue if I know where you are. But you must let the breeder know first as lablover has said. Most good breeders would want to know where their dogs are and would help with rehoming if they could not take them back themselves. Regards Meg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts