Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I need some help choosing a name. 'Brain' is 8 weeks old today and going for his 1st jab at the vets tonight, and I would really like to change the name he was registered under as it's so embarrassing when my vet comes into the waiting room and asks to see 'Brain'! :oops:

What's even worse is that over the past 8 weeks I have had a steady stream of 11 families coming to choose their pups and immediately tell me what name they have chosen! As the breeder I have had all this time and I still can't think of something suitable! :lol:

So far I have the following ideas:

Oakley
Bana
Willow
Indy
Blade

What do you lot think? I really like Oakley but my other half says it reminds him of the sunglasses!

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
I need a photo of him to see which name best fits!!!

G

·
As it looks like you like tree names (ASHa, OAKley, Willow) how about....

Cedar
Spruce
Rowan
Yew (Hey Yew, come here :lol: )

Other non Tree names I had on my list (not that I was ever having a boy :lol: )

Mungo
Hector
Griffon
Seeker
Turnip (don't ask, I just like it :lol: )
Digger

Or maybe as you've been calling him Brain.....just call him BRIAN! :wink:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Ooh I love this game. How about the following:-

Logan
Neelix
Neo
Jack
Dexter
Zack

They were always my choices for boys. :D

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I like Oakley too!!!

That a cool name :)

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I like Oakley and Dexter :D I also love Sunny or just old fashioned Rover :D

Think Indy and Willow are a bit girly, sorry :?

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is fun!! I love Oakley (not just sunglasses, also a village in Bucks & Beds, an electronic sound system, a city in California, and most importantly.....a brewery!)

Also love Indy - great connotations.

Isn't Willow a girls name!?

Good luck with with your decision making!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like finding names too...hmmmmm....

vader
Zed
Zebedee
Byron
Bob (I love that name..met a lady with a small dog called Bob, and it reminded me of that Black Adder episode, if anyone remembers it lol)
Oden
Orsen
I'm sure I could think of some others, but I like Oakley too :)

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
When I looked at your list - I thought Oakley - now THAT's a name for a dog!!!

And Meli!!!! Thank you! I'm glad you like Neo for a dog...... I'm quite partial myself!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eve NEO and Bramble

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I like Oakley too.
All Lottie's litter were named after trees...
Oak
Ash
Willow
Maple (That's Lottie's Kennel name)
Can't remember the rest,we helped her breeder with the naming as she's a friend.
I would like my next Lab to be Indy but she would be a girl (not sure if it's a girl or boy's name!!)
For a boy I just like George...mainly because it's my favourite nephew's name (oh or Charlie...where will it stop!!!!)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Eve said:
And Meli!!!! Thank you! I'm glad you like Neo for a dog...... I'm quite partial myself!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D I think Neo is a fab name for a dog. Are you a Matrix fan too by any chance Eve? :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
I love Brian for a dog, and Norman! Theres a dog round here called Derek - thats cool too. When we were getting Eddie, we also loved the name Rupert for a choccie lab but got a yellow! I'm one of those people who likes 'human' names for their pets - we have Eddie, had Lenny Lab previously, had Derek the Hamster and Colin the Rabbit!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
If he's black - pleeeeeease consider Othello (lascivious black moor n all that!)

No chance of me ever being allowed 2 Bugs - but if ever I was allowed, would be on the hunt for another black male!

g

1 - 20 of 25 Posts