Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I'm having a bit of an issue with our 6 month old cholcolate lab. We live in Scotland where it's cold and damp and as a result my garden has several slugs!

Bailey has this obession with picking them up and bringing them into the house and then dropping them at my feet!! 8O

I HATE anything that crawls! I've done the usual NO! BUt he still keeps bringing them.

Is it like a cat brining it's owner a mouse? How do I get him to understand that I don't want them? :?:

Does anyone else have this problem?

Any help would be gratefully received!

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol poor you

can you not go outside with him and when he goes to pick one tell him LEAVE or NO if he still pickes them up dont allow him back in the house until he drops the slug/snail then maybe he will realise he picks up slug he not aloud back inside..lol.. apart from that i think he loves you and is bringing some goodies home for you..lol..

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie likes to roll in slugs when out on his walks! :roll: Glad he doesn't bring things like that into the house, just his dirty plant pots :lol:

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max is a worm lover :roll: as soon as he finds one he will bring it in dump it on my lap and stand there tail wagging silly grin on his chops as much as to say there you go mum i got you a pressy :D

·
Premium Member
8,833 Posts
At least you won't have to use slug pellets if you have a built in slug catcher! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi

Holly seems to have a thing for snails!! Its a shame they are so far away from each other or they could probably begin their own garden clearing service together!!
8O

Hope you've had a slug free day!

Shelley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts