Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should be grateful but...

Our farmer friend just took the winter pig on it's holidays.

Now mustn't grumble but he gave us a big box of 'offcuts'. Mostly skin, fat and some bigger bones.

Can I feed the skin? Will it be too much for the lads? Shame it is so soggy as if it was a nice day would be happy to leave them outside with a bone (though they would chomp through it.)

I must say I was just in the barn looking to pack some up but it freaked me out a bit to be confronted with that much stuff. I don't know where to begin.

There is some meat on the bones too. Can that be a meal?

Thoughts from the raw brigagde.

Oh and if you were to purchase some of Monsieur Cochon in the supermarket, he would be in the farm reared, organic section.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I give mine raw pis tail,ears, noses, trotters from the supermarket. They are undoubtedly factory farmed though. There's a huge porcherie just up the road.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
You can feed it, but I'd chop it up small, mince it if you can and mix with other non-fatty things, such as fish, veggies etc. Bones with meat on are definitely a meal, my lot have plenty of meaty pork bones in their diet.

Lucky dogs, I'd say my lot are jealous but they kind of have the same sort of bones all of the time :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts