Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I m new to this Labrador Forum and would like to introduce myself and my Labrador.

His name is Bob and he s a chocolate Lab who is just two years old. Myself my husband and son bought Bob when he was just three months old and so cute (he still is albeit a tad clumsy and boisterous)!!!

I have attended dog classess with Bob and he is fairly well behaved (as well behaved as is possible for a Lab)! He is a lovely natured, loveable hound and we all love him immensly.

However, just recently he has started to urinate when my husband or any male initially enters the house. He is very submissive by nature. He also does this when excited just before going for a walk etc.

I wondered if anyone had any advice/info they could share with us to help us and Bob!!! ( He s not happy when he does this)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF, it would be best to post about Bob`s urine problem in the health section, more members that may be able to help will read there :)

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Hi and welcome. I don't have any experience with nervous peeing but hopefully someone will be along shortly to help. :D

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF. :D Bob is a good name. :p

As Mary suggests, put a post in the Health section.

:D

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hello2:

My Labrador's name is Dylan - I think we should get our two together :lol: :lol:

I'm sure someone will be able to give you good advice and help as there is such a wealth of knowledge on this site.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Hello and a very warm welcome to you and to Bob :D

I'm sure there's lots of advise somewhere around here already, but off the top of my head, have you tried ignoring Bob when you come in from being away from him? I.e. just delay the big massive home coming welcome you'd normally give him/he'd give you....cos over excitement can cause the peeing....and then once things are 'settled' and 'calm' in the house just give him a pat hello. :D Might be difficult (i love the 'welcome home' cuddles with Lucy) but when she was ickle, she'd sometime have a little pee just through sheer excitement of seeing as and us making a big fuss of her....

...alternatively....take him into the garden and make a big 'welcome home' fuss of him there...so if he does pee, its outside....as he gets older, he should be able to control it a bit better :D

Hope that helps.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi to you all,
Thanks so much for all your replies, will post a txt on the health section to see if anyone can help me further.

We are trying the ignoring welcome at the moment but its extremely difficult when you come in not to have that special greeting.

Bob is a cool name for a chocolate lab but we have since come up with thousands of others that would suit him now as his personality is shining through!!!!

When I get used to this laptop I will endevour to try and attach a piccie of Bob. At the moment I have my 11 yr old helping me with modern technology :D

Jane, Gaz, James and Bob the dog :p

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Hello & welcome to LF!

Jemima's already suggested what I would have put, if it's associated with excitement around people, particularly men, coming in, then having no attention at all until that person has been in the house for a few mins is probably your best bet. And then only calm attention as sugfgested, no geeing him up, so just slow soft strokes, a gentle ear fuss, or something similar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts