Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we became the proud owners of a chocolate lab(bitch) 2 weeks ago,and i thought i would join your forum in the hope that i may get some tips. :D

we are having the usual puppy problems which we have managed to deal with,but has anyone got any tips to minimise the "chewing" thing :?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Hamlet

Welcome to Lab Forums and congratulations on your new addition! Look forward to hearing more about her and seeing some piccies in due course.

By the 'chewing' thing, do you mean chewing on your possessions, or on you?!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Hamlet,

Welcome to Labforums, and welcome to your new puppy........put some pics on pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SmudgesMum said:
Hi Hamlet

Welcome to Lab Forums and congratulations on your new addition! Look forward to hearing more about her and seeing some piccies in due course.

By the 'chewing' thing, do you mean chewing on your possessions, or on you?!

All the best,
Nic
X
It's a little of both really,most of the time she's fine but every now and then she is just uncontrolable and will not stop whatever you say or do.

These episodes seem to occur mainly at mealtimes,and i wonder if it might be attention seeking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mommy said:
Hi Hamlet,

Welcome to Labforums, and welcome to your new puppy........put some pics on pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fairly new to this computer thing,not sure i know how to :oops:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Hamlet

Welcome to the forum :)

Congratulations on your new puppy!What's her name?

Regarding the biting, everytime she bites somebody they must shout aggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh loudly,this should give her the message that it's wrong,If she pesists when doing this then ignore her,by this I mean removing yourself away from her. You can also hold a toy in your hand when you are handling her to deter her from biting.

Kev

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Hamlet...

welcome to Lab Forum.... Yes you are in the right place and wud get fabulous advise here...I've learnt a lot from here and others are so willing to share their knowledge and experience with you....

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts