Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name is Diana and I'm keen to be a member of this forum although I feel a bit of a fraud as I don't actually have a lab, as yet. I've been waiting for a long time until I retire before bringing the little lab into my life so that I have the time to devote to him/her. This won't be until next April but I'm getting very excited and keen to learn as much as I can as I'm a first time dog owner. So hi to you all and in time I'll introduce my little boy (yellow, called Sky) to you. As I don't have him yet the details of gender, colour and name may change. Apologies if it is a bit premature joining a few months before becoming a lab owner.

·
Registered
725 Posts
hi hun.
good place to start is puppy sticky notes.there is so much good advise and help there.
looking forward to meeting your new furbaby when you bring him or her home.
xx
then we can welcome them properly.x

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Welcome Diana! :hello2:

I did exactly the same and waited for years 'till we were both semi retired (working different days) to get my lab. Well worth the wait, I'm totally in love with her :)

I said 'any colour' but DH wanted black 'so that the mud doesn't show'. It's true - it doesn't!

It's a great idea to learn all you can. I have had dogs all my life, but a lab puppy is one bundle of crazy crocodile hard work!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hello and welcome. Read, read and read is the best advice. If you haven't found a breeder yet there's some great posts on selecting a puppy and health tests, house training, crate training, not pulling on lead etc etc etc :D I've had Labradors for years and really wish I had found this forum years ago. So far you're doing everything right :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome :) my advise would be to make sure all the health tests / information you need you have from the breeder before going to see any puppys! As once you see a litter its almost impossible to walk away

I have a yellow boy and he has made the past 3 months the best ever!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts