Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is Claire. Although I've always been a border collie owner, having trained and competed them in agility, my father has always had labradors. I also used to be co manager at a rescue centre that took in labradors for lab rescue for training and rehoming until we closed due to lack of funds a few years back.
I lost my 'collie of a lifetime' in July 2008 to addisons desease and could'nt bring myself to get another, having lost my old boy at 17 to cancer a few months earlier it was very unexpected. Trying to find another collie that could compare to him would just never happen, so a year on I have decided to change breeds. I've always wanted to have a chocolate labrador so am now the proud owner of Galexeigh (pronounced Galexy) or Lexeigh for short. She is a 4 year old show type that I pick up in a few weeks time.
Having also worked for a breeder of field and cocker spaniels and attended ringcraft up until a few years ago I'd love to give showing a go.
I helped to prepare dogs for showing at crufts so hopefully, if Lexeigh proves good enough we will do a few shows for fun :) Hopefully labradors aren't as hard to get ready for shows as spaniels and horses are.
I look forward to joining in the forum, learning lots more about the breed and showing them, and hopefully having constructive critasism on my lovely new girl.

Sorry for yacking on lol

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Hello and welcome to LF it will be nice see you at show i have started showing now a year and a half now and i really love it and i wish i did start it when i was a kid .
This is one i yous just now untill i get a new show dog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts