Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi there everyone! Lovely to be on here and Im sooo glad Ive found the forum, as Ive had a good browse and the advice on here is brilliant!!!

Ive just had a baby boy, (first dog!), a yellow lab called Casper and hes brilliant. He was 9 weeks on monday, hes very bitey, but Ive found out that thats normal with labradors, just hope I have hands left by the time he grows out of it!!! Hes got a beautiful face tho, and I just fell in love with him, he chewed on my laces, and that was it!
Hes really clever and has already learnt sit - however am taking it slow with the commands as i dont want to overload him, plus I am a novice, so secretly have no idea what im doing!

Hes a typical lab, very into his food, and your food when youre eating it!!

Hes gorgeous though, very friendly and always greets us in a morning with a mad waggy tail and a bum wiggle!!

Were trying to crate train him, hes been in his crate for max 1 hour, but still wimpers if we put him in there. Have given him lots of fuss and treats when he goes in there, but Im taking it day by day! He prefers cold floors to sleep on for some reason, loves the tiled floor and our fireplace, infact hes fast asleep on it now!!!

Anyway, I liked labs before I had one, and now I have one, I am totally besotted and completely in love with the breed!

Lovely to be in the forum!!

Thank you for listenin to me gush!! Hehe

xxAmeliaxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hiya and welcome.

How cute is Casper? I remember George looking like that small less than a year ago, now he's a big waggly tailed boy.

You'll get some great advice on here.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Welcome, Casper looks like he has the right attitude to life! the world always looks better upside down :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF he sure is a cutie all that you said has brought back memories of when Saska was a pup, and Like you I am a first time owner and completly in love with Labs now. :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF, Casper is gorgeous, does he sleep in his crate at night?, also there`s no need to crate him during the day unless you are going out, if he`s in it and knows you are nearby he will cry because he wants to be with you :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts