Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Well I have had Labs for 17 years now !

The first choclate girl I had was Mars who I got from a breeder in Chalfont St Giles Bucks. She was a half american lab. We lost her two years ago. I had a litter from her and we kept one girl called Min. She is nearly 14 now ! We also now have Moose who is nearly three. We got her from a breeder in Surrey. Lastly we have MB aka Dudley who is nearly 2. She is from a working kennels in Cheltenham.
Duds unfortunatey has quite bad HD but we keep a good eye on her and don't over excercise her. She is on synoquin loaded for life.

We love our girls and would never be without a Lab !

I am also a helper for Lab rescue 8)

Lucy
xx

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi there,

Just saw the pics of your labs in the gallery. Our Kane is only a baby. We are looking forward to when we can take him out for long walks. Maybe in the future get a little buddy for him.

I can't believe many labs need rescuing...Bless them.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Hi there MoosesMummy, lovely Labs you have there, what rescue place do you work for ? Have you got a link to your place in our links section yet ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I help out at Lab rescue South in the UK but also support Lab rescue North West which you posted on a few days ago !

Labs are the top breed in the UK and unfortunately people still have this andrex puppy image and do not know what Labs can be like !

The can be a lot of hard work but I think all the chewed shoes and bits of furniture they are worth it ! :D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Moosesmummy, 8)

Welcome to labradorforums!

It's great to hear all about your labs, i bet they keep you very busy. Aren't they just gorgeous though, we have Bradley who is 4 months, and although it can be quite hard work at times, we just wouldn't be without him, and feel like we have known him forever! :D

Labradors are lovely aren't they, i'm sure quite a few get rehomed, i have heard some stories about them being boistrous in their early days, i think it's important to spend alot of time with them, training them etc, and showing them the ways of the world. We are lucky in that we are travelling around Europe in our motorhome, so Brad gets 24 hour round the clock attention! He's a very good boy though, and i think spending so much time with him definately pays of.

It sounds like you do a very rewarding job at the rescue centre, good for you, people like yourselves make all the difference. :wink:

I hope you have loads of fun on the website, and i look forward to talking to you again,

Julie
Bradleysmum

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to see since I last came on how the site has kicked off ! :D :D

I see a few names that I know especially Mr John W ! Wondered where you had got to ! See that there is a new addition now :wink: :wink:

If you get a min J e-mail me with some pictures of the little girl ! :)

Will try and see if I can get some time to post on here are as there seems to be a very good client base now ! :wink: :wink:

Great site and well done !

Lucy
xx

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi moosesmummy

welcome to the forums

yes i agree ppl should look into the breed and think wether they can cope with a labrador as they are hard work not the sweet andex puppys the adverts make them out to be.lol..

yes they are cute and loveable but also they can destroy your house..lol.. which my choccy lab rosze did but hey shes a lab and we have coped with it...lol.. i have had 3 labs now and i just love the breed tessa my late lab died of cancer last year in november.. but i dont think i would buy another breed other than labs :):):)

they dont stay puppys for long and ppl need to realsie the hard work that is needed if they cant cope then they shouldnt buy a labrador

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Hi moosesmummy

Welcome to the Forums I was thinking of rescuing another lab to keep Hershey company but not sure he would like it much as he is spoilt rotton :lol:

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
hello mooses mum

Welcome to the forums. :lol:

I agree, the adverts on the television dont mention the amount of hard work that full grown labs are, let alone puppies. You need to have time, perseverance and love, which some people dont seem to have. :roll:

I spent over a year watching other people, getting advice and reading up on some books before venturing down the road to dog ownership, so that I knew what to expect. :roll:

I do hope, that now I am a responsible dog owner :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts