Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just joined the forum as I'm trying to look for as much help and advice as possible.

Fingers crossed that 2020 could be the year that we get a new member with 4 legs into the house. It won't happen until late June as we're trying to be responsible to ensure a potential new additional has the right environment.

I live with my sister in the Chilterns so plenty of open space for lovely walks. The house is quiet with no little people running around the house.

We had a dog while we were growing up and she was the best pet we ever had, a mix of border collie and something else, she was extremely clever and intelligent. While we were growing up and when we used to take her to the park she was so protective. I still miss her to this day.

Anyway I digress, my sister and myself would love to offer a home to a middle aged labrador and I want to ensure I do this responsibly.

I could love to hear any advice or tips you may have, we were thinking ex breeding. If we do this, how do they take to training when they are a little bit order? I know they are very food orientated so with patience and routine does this sound like a good option.

Any advice on where too look, rescue centres?

I look forward to getting as much help as possible.

Thanks
Catherine

·
Administrator
20,633 Posts
Hi Catherine. Yes, rescue centres obviously. Giving your rough area may help. There are a few rescues dedicated to rehoming Labradors, North West Labrador Rescue for one. Any advice you might need, just shout.

John :)

·
Administrator
20,633 Posts
Just seen you live in the Chilterns! So you are not a million miles from me! Stokenchurch Dog Rescue could be a starting point.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Good luck with finding your perfect dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts