Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hi and welcome, although very sorry to hear of your loss. They leave huge holes. :-(

Reactions: Jimmy0984

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much everyone for welcoming me on the forum, and knowing my pain.
But I also need some help from you. My family has decided to have another Lab. But some of my friends suggesting me the Merle French bulldog.
I am little confuse about it as it's relatively a new variations of the Bulldog. Anybody here, who have a Merle French bulldog. Can you please tell me something
about this? What are your suggestions? Should I need to go for another Lab or Merle French Bulldog?

·
Administrator
21,397 Posts
It's up to you to decide what breed you want, not your friends, and certainly not us.

PS. I see stupid breeders are setting out to ruin yet another breed by ultra close close breeding. When will they learn?

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
But I also need some help from you. My family has decided to have another Lab. But some of my friends suggesting me the Merle French bulldog.
I am little confuse about it as it's relatively a new variations of the Bulldog. Anybody here, who have a Merle French bulldog. Can you please tell me something
about this? What are your suggestions? Should I need to go for another Lab or Merle French Bulldog?
There is no such thing as a merle bulldog, however, Eastern European countries who have really clocked onto the puppy farming trade in the UK have produced non-standard colours, dilutes, merles etc in a number of breed, and they have (unfortunately) been incorrectly registered with the UK KC as pedigree, they are not. There are others from European countries complaining to our KC that their dog(s), named on false pedigrees have not sired the litters that are being attributed to them, and then dogs are being imported to the UK and registered with a false pedigree. Sadly it's those breeds targeted most by puppy farmers, and French bulldogs are one that rose to sudden popularity.

I would suggest you go along to a show, if possible, and have a look at both breeds to see if either is definitely what you want. French bulldogs are a brachycephalic breed, along with pugs, boston terriers, boxers etc, ie bred for a very short nose, which basically deforms the skull and can leave them struggling to breed. It also affects the structure of the nose and the nostrils can become restricted because of how they are bred. So you really need to do your research and find a breeder who is breeding for better facial construction, not just as short and squashed as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
There is no such thing as a merle bulldog, however, Eastern European countries who have really clocked onto the puppy farming trade in the UK have produced non-standard colours, dilutes, merles etc in a number of breed, and they have (unfortunately) been incorrectly registered with the UK KC as pedigree, they are not. There are others from European countries complaining to our KC that their dog(s), named on false pedigrees have not sired the litters that are being attributed to them, and then dogs are being imported to the UK and registered with a false pedigree. Sadly it's those breeds targeted most by puppy farmers, and French bulldogs are one that rose to sudden popularity.

I would suggest you go along to a show, if possible, and have a look at both breeds to see if either is definitely what you want. French bulldogs are a brachycephalic breed, along with pugs, boston terriers, boxers etc, ie bred for a very short nose, which basically deforms the skull and can leave them struggling to breathe. It also affects the structure of the nose and the nostrils can become restricted because of how they are bred. So you really need to do your research and find a breeder who is breeding for better facial construction, not just as short and squashed as possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts