Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just like to say hello to everyone. I have been poking around and like what I see, so I joined. I would also like to introduce you to Sabbath. He is now 8 months old, 73.4 lbs and he is at 23 1/2 inches at the withers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were taken at Pierce Island dog park, Portsmouth New Hampshire. Its a no fence dog park and we go there every day, anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. It even has a water fountain for dogs.

Here is a link so that you can see where its at. http://bit.ly/1fmSerl And that is Sabbath in front of the water fountain.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Welcome to you both, (fans of Ozzy possibly :0) )

Dawgfather your photos are fantastic, Sabbath and you are so fortunate to have such a fabulous place to walk together. He must be super fit running through snow that deep on a regular basis. I use my phone to access the forum but I will check out that last shot on my computer later, its beautiful.

Amanda,Roxy and Buster

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello

What gorgeous photos of Sabbath :) I'm insanely jealous we have yet to have any snow here :( It looks a great place to walk , I love to walk and miss my hills here ....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

It is a great dog park, the thing is I have to drive about 30 miles to get there and we go every day. Most times there are anywhere from 2-10 dogs there and most of them always get along great together. So it is a fantastic place to socialize the dog with other dogs and people.

I live in the country so we have a really nice place to walk just out the back door, all woods with trails with some open spaces for frisbee and fetch with a ball. We go to the dog park every day because Sabbath just loves playing with other dogs so much. And he has made some good friends that they get exited when they see the other coming.

I have lots of pix and some video that I will post at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
-Angela- said:
Gorgeous dog and sounds/looks as though you have wonderful places to walk :)

Scatty said:
Was he born on a Sunday???
There's me thinking 'Black Sabbath'!
I named him Sabbath (day of rest and worship) in memory of Sammy. I had to euthanize Sammy just before I got Sabbath. Sammy had a Mast Cell tumor that we had known about for a few years. Sammy started to show signs that the tumor was becoming aggressive. And I did not want him to suffer so I made that hard decision we all hope we never have to make. Sammy was with us for 8 years from 4 months old.

I had always wanted a lab and I wanted him to be a black lab. And I knew what his name was going to be, Sabbath. This was long before Sammy had become a part of our family.

So the name Sabbath is in memory of Sammy and for the band Black Sabbath. :lying: :notworthy:

M

·
0 Posts
Beautiful Sabbath and fantastic photos. Ive been lucky enough to go to Dover NH in the Fall and that was beautiful too

Jayne

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Right now heres a promise....

Soon as I get the all clear for my Judy to be off lead and have a loon around we are leaving West London for the day and heading to that dog park!!!

So sorry for your loss but so massively pleased for you and Sabbath to be together
(Can't appreciate the name and music connatations as I'm an old Soul Boy!!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts