Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone
well im jane and the love of my life is a 9 month old black lab called max or a few other choice words when hes naughty.
when max came into my life i was probably at my lowest point. i have suffered from severe depression for a number of years now and just over a year ago i started to have severe panic attacks and was diagnoed with agrophobia. life was just not worth the bother. some days i couldnt even get out of bed.
on the 24th of october 2004 my daughter placed this little helpless bundle in my arms and that was the day my life started again. i still have very bad days and max always knows when i need extra cuddles and love. with his help i can now go for half an hours walk without panicing and running for home. last week i even managed to get to the post office by myself. a small thing i know but that is the first time i have been in a shop on my own for nearly 6 months.
max is my best friend, my confidant and my little life saver.
finding this site has been the second best thing that has happened to me. feeling part of something this good has done wonders for me.
so a great big thank you to my labby family and friends out there.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Jane

It's so good to hear how much Max has changed your life. It's amazing what a difference our wonderful labs can make!

Hope things continue to improve every day for you - and I'm sure with Max's help that they will!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Jane,

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems but I'm so pleased that you have found Max to keep you company and help you to get through it.
I'm glad your back on the forum, it would not be the same around here with out you and max. Who would I share my coffee with in the mornings and chat to in the kennel...lol :wink:

Cristina

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Jane & Max

So glad you and Max found each other. Labs have such an impact on our lives it's difficult to imagine life without them.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi Jane & Max

What a wonderful, heart warming story - we all know how special our dogs are but I think that you and Max will always have an even more special bond...... :)

When we got Charlie back in August last year, my other half was off work through severe depression and even getting dressed in the morning was a hassle and a struggle for him - it was me that wanted a dog because I knew what an impact a dog would have on our lives for the better and it would help James no end because a dog is a reason to get up every morning, it was a massive risk when I turned up one afternoon with this little black bundle - and for the first few days James was not sure, but as soon as he became Charlie's daddy and started to bond he has not looked back - Charlie is 100% a daddies boy, although he loves me I know that its James that he has his walking adventures in the woods with (I dont like walking in woods on my own).

Having dogs is wonderful and I honestly believe Charlie helped James overcome his illness, he still has bad days but when he gets home from work to be greeted by 2 dogs wagging their tails - how can he not be thrilled to see them too...... :D

Sarah

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a big thankyou to every one for being so understanding and caring. it means so much to know that you guys are there.
sarah. thanks for sharing your hubbys story. so glad that things are working out for you.
each day is a new challenge but with maxs help and friends who understand, life looks a lot better than it did a year ago.

a special thanks to lynne and dylan who have always been on the other end of the keyboard for me

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi Jane

It was suffering, like you a few years ago, before I got my dogs. Now they certainly make life in general much more worth living, it also gets you out and about and seein much more of the counrtry side. And when you go out without them , all the hugs and kisses :) you get when you get home. Max is bound to be help you too

Bye for now lol

Colette

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Jane & "Souper Max" :D

I'm glad you are here and have met you....Trust me , the first thing after I log is look out for that cuppa and toast u make for us everyday....Its something i look forward 2....I'm glad that you have found confidante's here....This is our home and jane you make it complete by caring for us all.. Thanks Jane...

Frodo is god's blessing for me....I know what motherhood is about...I feel complete coz of him....He's my Rainbow who brought colours in my life,.... :D ....

welcome back home

Love & Hugs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts