Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!

I'd like you all to get to know me and my lab boy Arco: Arco is 7 years old now and a retired SAR dog. I am 22 and a student at Innsbruck University ( going to be a teacher in the future :p )
Arco is a great boy and loves to work if you know how to work with him. (he's been mistreated with to harsh methods and we now work with positiv reinforcement only)
He passed several tests, including disaster and area mission ready tests as well as obedience tests. We were asked to compete in obedience on the national level but I neither had time nor nerves for that. :)
Arco is retired from SAR work now but is still very fit and loves to go hicking in the Alps with me. We do longer walks as well as short ones and he loves it.

All in all, we are very outdoor-oriented, do some agility and tracking next to our hiking and would love to exchange ideas with you

I uploaded some pics of Arco hiking to the album "Labs on their favorite walks".

Edith and Arco

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Edith :D

Welcome to the forum - hope you enjoy it!

Arco sounds a very clever boy!!! The photos are wonderful!

Best wishes

Fay

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Edith and Arco, welcome to the forums. :wink:

What a lovely part of the world you live - I bet you have some great hiking there. We like to go hiking here in Scotland... I love it. Our lab Corbie is 6 months old so still too young to walk far but when he's old enough he'll be walking the hills with us as well :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Just looked at your photos - brilliant! Reminds me of some of the snowy hikes I've done in Scotland, although your mountains are bigger than ours :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Edith & Arco :)

Welcome aboard!

Great to have you join us, i think you are our first member from Austria. We have just been visiting Switzerland, Germany & The border of Austria, (we didn't get time to visit properly unfortunately) and i have to say it's a beautiful part of the world!

Arco sounds like he's done quite alot in his past, i'd be really interested to hear more about the work he's done, (search & rescue), as perhaps other members will too....maybe you could write a short article for the forums about all the work it involves, and the things he has done - would be great to read all about it. :wink:

Am going to browse your photos now - so hope you enjoy the site.

Look forward to hearing from you again,

Bye for now,

Julie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts