Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Great to see such an active forum happening here, looking forward to sharing my stories about my black labrador with you all!

You can see my new website, which is all about Labradors, here:
link removed by moderator

Let me know what you think!

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome. I'm sure you'll have lots of questions bombarding you from people like myself who have lots of questions about their lovely puppies :lol: :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I'm off for a look at your site, could sure use the help! :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Hi and welcome, I'm guessing from your webby you are in the US? :)

Had a quick nosey around your site but haven't had chance to read it all yet - is it more of a link site though as i see the training stuff is all linked to another web address?

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Hi and welcome LF - I have deleted your link t your website as this is breach of the advertising rule (see below)

I am sorry to jump on your first post and look forward to hearing your tips on the forum

Advertising In the forums
NO advertising for commercial sites is allowed in the forums.

This includes posting references to other sites that you have a personal commercial interest in.

No Signatures with links to commercial websites.

No Avatars constructed in such a way to advertise a commercial enterprise.

No Usernames constructed in such a way to advertise your business such as urls i.e. mybusinessurl.co.uk

If you do wish to advertise on the site then go to the advertising section at http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/modules.php?name=Advertising

Any offending posts will be removed and the user PM'd

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Psst Vicky, the webby link is still his signature.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
but he has a commercial interest in the site because it appears to be an advertising based site, so his income will come from his advertisers in relation to number of hits I suppose?

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Basil said:
but he has a commercial interest in the site because it appears to be an advertising based site, so his income will come from his advertisers in relation to number of hits I suppose?
Precisely - thanks

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
psst - I know I havent learned how to do that bit yet lol - this modding lark aint easy you know hehehe
:lol: :lol: sorry i thought you'd not spotted it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all,

My apologies for breaching the forum rules, it's my fault and to be honest I didn't think! The advertising on the site is served by Google - I have no control over what gets put there so sorry to cause any confusion.

A little more about me - I am a dog trainer, and also a writer. I put the basic website together with some blogging software, and have been writing content for that and some other sites for a few weeks now. We don't sell anything, just offer some info/reference to our readers.

Hopefully in the next few weeks you will see more content on the site, and we are waiting for a lot more labrador articles to get approved by a popular article site (don't want to post the link!) so its still in the early stages with the amount of content we really want - its hard finding the time!

Ps - If the signature is an issue, i'll remove it no problem. I'd rather that went than me! :)

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
If you could remove your signature, that would be great thanks - advertising has to be cleared by admin.

Welcome to LF btw. Are you on twitter by any chance? I recognise the site from one of my followers :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Labradorman,
I looked at your web site.
I wonder if you could enlighten me?
I see you advertise 'Golden' and 'Silver' Labradors.
Are they a new colour? I cannot find any reference to them in the KC breed standard or am I out of touch?
Thank you.
Sherry
Blypark Gundogs

·
Administrator
20,995 Posts
Hello Labradorman and welcome to LF.

I feel though that I must correct you over the colour thing. At the end of the 19th century/beginning of the 20th century the Labrador Retriever Club was seeking breed recognition from the KC. At the same time there was another breed which was fast moving in that direction which at that time was known as the Golden Retriever. The KC, realising the confusion which would be caused by having both a Golden Retriever and a Golden Labrador Retriever made it a condition of recognition that the Labrador Retriever colour would be Yellow, never Golden.

So you see, it is nothing at all to do with whether "Golden" is a colour or not. Sorry, I know it's a bit pedantic but after 40 years in the breed, all that time with yellows I hate to see the colour wrongly stated. It was yellow for a good reason and has been for over 100 years.

Regards, John

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
oh dear Sherry & John beat me to it,

shortned theres no such colour as a silver Labrador neither is there a golden one tut tut,

Harriet,
Owned by a YELLOW Labrador !!

G

·
0 Posts
And as we all know, the correct colour for a lab is Black! :wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm too tipsy after 3 glasses of wine to delve now, but Mr Labradorman - does address these colour controversies in the text within his web pages doesn't he?......

So kinda recognising that there truly are only 3 colours and yet embracing the general US public opinion.....

I could be wrong - briefly read a couple of pages whilst at work earlier - when the dreaded booze hadn't got to me (well it is nearly the weekend after all)

And yes - the only colour is BLACK black black black

Welcome Mr Labradorman

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes I agree black Labs are the best, all others are pale imposters. :lol: :wink:

This message is brought to you by the 'Black Labrador Peoples Front of Judea'. Not to be mixed up with the 'Judean Chocolate Labrador Front'. 8) Or our sworn enemies the 'Popular Front of Judean Yellow Labradors' (splitters) 8)

Hi Labradorman, :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts