Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have not been on this forum for around 7 years but am now looking forward to becoming an active member again.

I have had three Labradors, up to now, I lost my last one, Jackson, earlier this year. He suffered a ruptured disc which the referral vet said was the worse case he'd ever seen. After being hospitalised for two weeks he was not regaining movement in his rear end and the vet said that it was unlikely he would ever recover and advised me to have him PTS.

Since he died I have been ill, which my GP said could be because of my loss. My daughter and son-in-law are paying for a new puppy for me, which has made me feel better already.

He is a fox red and we will be collecting him on 19th. His name is Wilson and I cannot wait for him to join the family.

Anna

·
Administrator
20,709 Posts
Welcome back Anna. That's so sad, but we have to know when to call time. But on a happier note, We will be expecting photos when Wilson arrives. :)

John :)

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your lovely welcome messages.

You will probably get far too many photos of Wilson, when he arrives. We are having problems finding a time which suits the breeder and myself are available to collect him. He is in mid Wales and I am 9 miles north of Chester.

Anna x

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hello and welcome, I'm across the pennines from you in Yorkshire

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just found out that I won't be able to collect Wilson until 29th, disappointed that he won't be here for Christmas. I will post loads of photos when he's here.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I've just found out that I won't be able to collect Wilson until 29th, disappointed that he won't be here for Christmas. I will post loads of photos when he's here.
To be fair, it's possibly a blessing in disguise, you can have your Christmas without worrying about all the mince pies, Christmas pud and chocolates being abundantly available for a pup to possibly steal and make themselves poorly. And you have something to look forward to inbetween Christmas and New Year xx

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone,

I collected Wilson on 29th December, and he's a beautiful little boy. He will be 11 weeks old tomorrow.

I promised to put some photos on here but this has been difficult as I couldn't get him to sit still long enough. I have attached one which my son managed to get this morning.

I will post more as I take them.

ps. ignore the mess on the floor - I think he's crossed with a paper shredder!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts