Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Just thought that I would introduce myself. My husband and I are adopting a black lab pup at the weekend, her name is Megan and she is 13 weeks old. She was rescued from a puppy farm in Ireland and is about to make the arduous journey over to the UK to join our family. We already have two cats and a five month old baby - so she'll just be adding to the chaos! We live in Bucks.

Hope to 'chat' to you all soon and any tips for settling Megan in would be much appreciated.

Lucy.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Congratulations on your impending new arrival. Glad to hear you are able to give Megan a good home, despite her bad start to life.

I'm sure you will be kept very busy - puppies are hard work :D

Look forward to hearing how Megan settles in.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi lucy and welcome to the forum. hope every thing goes ok for you and megan. its nice to hear that another lab has found a loving forever home

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Lucy,

Congratulations on the soon to be arriving Megan :)

Sounds like you will have a house-full!

Good luck with everything,

Best wishes
Fay

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Congratulation on our soon to be new pup :D

Sound like your going to have your going to have your hands full!! :lol:
Hope everything goes well and she soon settles in. Nice to hear that rescue lab has found a good home!

Goodluck.

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi lucy

congrats on your soon to be new pup megan :) your house sounds like mine always busy..lol..
as for settling in tips it will take a while.. megan will endure a long journey from ireland to get to her loving new home so lavish her with love :) and expect a few accidents :) then before you know it it will be like she has always been there..lol..
funny thing is your baby and megan will both be teething..LOL.. :lol: :lol: at roughly the same time..lol..
good luck on your new arrival tell us when she arrives safely then we wnt to see pics..lol..:)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Megsmum
I do hope everything will work out well for all of you.
It will be extremely hard work especially with a very young baby and a new young puppy. I am sure the Rescue have matched you both up well. Although a puppy coming from Ireland it may be a bit more difficult to know all details, so you may have a bit more settling in to do. All the best and please let us know how everything goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts