Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I first joined back in 2010 when my boy, Cookie, now 13.4 years old, blew his ACL. However back then was a different story, I couldn't get more than 5 posts if I didn't pay for my membership, and with so many free forums around, I decided not to stick around here.

I came back by accident, I was looking out of curiousity for the oldest Lab that ever lived, and Google brought me back here.

As I said, Cookie is now 13.4, doing well (knock on wood) health-wise apart from arthritis. He has really bad arthritis in his left elbow, arthritis in his spine, he had a knee surgery (blew both his ACLs when he was younger) and had the FHO surgery after a complete hip dislocation after a car accident 4 years ago.

Other than that he is still a happy boy, fairly active for his age, we go on our daily walks, swims during the warmer months, and hike during the weekends (nothing spectacular, but decent hikes for his age).

I hope this time, I'll stick around! Some recent photos of my boy:

Cheers

·
Administrator
20,474 Posts
Actually, at one time the oldest known dog was a Labrador at 24! (Though I do wonder if somebody miscalculated!!!!!) My own Amy will be 15 in April, though she is now becoming a rather frail old lady. This was her 14th birthday photo from earlier this year.

John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome!

You have lovely oldies! Amy is such a beautiful girl! And Tarimoor, 6 Labs? How amazing must that be! :)

See you around guys!
Just four Labradors, then I've got a flat coated retriever (Rhuna), and a fox hound (Nettle) ;)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts