Labradors Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fello lurkers

I do no know if any of you have heard the news today, that we are meant to be having a heatwave this summer, in the U.K., but all what suprises me is, the weathermen can't even tell us what its going to do tomorrow let alone a couple of weeks away.

Its the dogs and animals I feel sorry for. :(

How are you going to keep your faithful friends cool, if we do. 8)
I think mine will probably spend most of the day down at the river, or at the coast , but it certainly will be difficult to keep your cool if they are right,

I'm at least very thankful that I have lost so much weight since getting my dogs :lol:

Bye for now
Colette

S

·
0 Posts
Well Corrie has no brains as far as Sun is concerned - when he is outside and its hot he lies in the sun rather than the shade!

When it is hot though I take him down to the river later in the evening so he can have a swim to cool off :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
For the ones who don't have a river or seaside near, the best way to keep your lab cool is to wet the head, muzzle and nose each hour. Regards,

Labrzil.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Kassie is a bit of a plonker when it's sunny she lies in the sun, I wet light coloured towels and lay them over her she does'nt seem to mind and it helps to keep her cool.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
heatwave us are you sure..lol..not very often the uk get a decent summer holiday weather..lol..
if we do get this heatwave the hose will be permantly on the dogs and trips to the beach for them to go in the sea..lol.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol @ paul i may have no choice paul as rosze and brandy will surely push me or knock me in the water of even better have a good ol shake right next to me getting me soaking wet..lol

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Well it couldn't get any worse than last summer :wink: Hopefully no landslides up here this year :D

Corbie will probably be found paddling in the River Devon or a loch somewhere, but we also want to get him to the beach as there's some lovely ones up here. I bought my parents westies a paddling pool when I still lived there - one loved it and the other wouldn't go near it :lol:

Colette - if you ever want company on a walk anytime, let me know as we're always looking for new walks around here, although Corbie is on his 30 mins a day at the mo. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Barney doesn't like heat... not sure how he's going to cope. We do take him to the beach most days but of course now that its summer there are restrictions on how much beach he's allowed on, but Barney doesn't care! As he was born in October last year he hasn't felt even warm weather yet :) Hopefully as the weather gets better he will get used to it a bit!

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey where i live its gets upto 46 degree celcius , its already 41 . ginger is handling it by staying in a/c rooms and having water and fruits :D lets not forget the subsequent peeing a ton and playing in it as well :oops:

·
Registered
880 Posts
when i was in malaysia is was usually 40 odd, our landlady who was british rescued local dogs and it was amazing how they coped, im going to get vogue a little fan I think for when I'm at work and I'll get the old paddling pool out for her and rich too!

Anna

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

I love the paddling pool idea! Wish I'd kept that Flinstones one I had when I was little! No laughing anyone, I loved that!

We do not live near any water either (think the River Cam is a bit too busy with students punting!). I am so looking forward to taking Smudge to the seaside, but I believe the nearest is about 2 hours away so obviously the car journey might not be too pleasant in the heat.

Fans are an option to and Labrazil makes a good suggestion which I will try to do.

All the best,
Nic
X

1 - 19 of 19 Posts