Labradors Forums banner

Heartbroken

6K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  ttfan1978 
#1 ·
We have recently lost our beautiful girl Lola. To say we are devastated is an understatement. I am desperately trying to find out about her litter mates to see if any if them were bred from. As when we feel the time is right we would love to get a pup from our beloved girls bloodline. The name of the lovely lady that bred Lola escapes me right now but she was born on 26/09/04. In Winkfield, Ascot. Our girls pedigree name is Rachel Rock Cottage. Is there anyway that I can find out anymore information? Thankyou in advance

#2 ·
If she was Kc registered, join MyKC and you should be able to trace other pups in the litter and any possible progeny.

Sorry for your loss.

#8 ·
Have spoken to Gallybob Flapjacks breeder and they have a litter due next week, which descends from him, although somewhat diluted now. Need to put the thumbscrews on the husband now as he feels we would being disloyal to our girl if we got another one too soon. Would we be? Such a sad house right now and we could never forget our beautiful girl

#11 ·
... Need to put the thumbscrews on the husband now as he feels we would being disloyal to our girl if we got another one too soon. Would we be? Such a sad house right now and we could never forget our beautiful girl
When my last male Chocolate died in January this year I swore "no more dogs" for me. It wasn't long before I was looking for a new pup.
As John says, they are not replacements, each is different, with different characters and the ones that have 'passed on' are always there anyway.

:D

#9 ·
Is this litter out of Buff?

I have to admit that I'm one who hates not having a dog or two around. Whenever I've lost one I want another ASAP. The new one never replaces the old one, the new one finds her own place in my heart. Just like humans, they all have different characters, so it's easy to see them as individuals in their own right.

But a word of warning. We always look back through rose coloured glasses, and always get caught out by just how difficult a puppy is in the early stages. For the first 3 or 4 weeks we are firefighting, nothing gets done apart from keeping puppy out of mischief. We are absolutely convinced that the old dog was never the problem of this new pup! But it does not last forever, and they grow up into the most amazing creatures.

Good luck in your persuading. :)

#10 ·
In my emotional state I did not establish the name of the mother dog but would assume it is Buff.
And funnily enough, we were remembering fondly the destruction that Lola caused on her arrival so yes, i remember well the hard work needed to be put in. Lola was our first family dog and the children grew up with her, she was our third baby and she could never be replaced, we are surrounded by her, photo's, paintings and most of all that special place in my heart.

#17 ·
Oh my, what a sweetie! So pleased for you. It will be hard work, puppies are never easy, and there will be times that you will despair. But we all go through that stage. Then they become the most beautiful of creatures. If you ever need help or advice don't hesitate to post. :)

#18 ·
Just caught up with this.

Firstly... cap doffed and huge kudos to John. Thanks for making someone's dream come true and thanks for being such a sage on here as ever.

Now....... congrats on your new bundle Troggy. Exciting and challenging times ahead but you just know it's worth it.

It's something I hate thinking about but I say to all Lab owners... giving another lab another special home is a tribute to those who have gone before. They're NEVER replacements but as the saying goes... "A house without a Labrador is just a pile of bricks and sticks, one with a Labrador is a true home"

Reactions: mchorse1 and Maddie
#19 ·
Thankyou all, you've all been amazing! I can't Thankyou enough. Yes it's going to be hard work but I'm ready for the challenge. And yes she is a tribute to our dear old Girl. Oh another Martha! How lovely. I just hope the next 5 weeks fly by. 🤣Will post more photos when I have some. Couldn't have done it without you guys, i could kiss you all. And John, I'm sure I'll be driving you mad with lots of questions. Many thanks again. Xxx

#20 ·
Can’t wait to see lots of photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.