Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
It looks good and there's plenty of interesting places not far from Keldy for people and doggies. :p :D

The Forestry accomodations have improved a lot over the last few years. I'd check the 'dogs on lead' rules they used to be quite strict. Other than that it should be a nice place to holiday with doggies. :D

About 9 years ago I went (with the ex) to a forestry cabin in Scotland, near Loch Awe - it was terrible - the cabin wood was moldy and mossy, the furniture was knackered, the cabin itself was like a garden shed with patio doors (that wouldn't open). :roll: The field outside the cabin was the local football pitch. We only stayed 3 days out of the week booked. :(

That place no longer belongs to the Forestry and from their brochures it looks like things have really improved.

If you go, have a great time. :D

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
I've just notice in the on-line brochure it's £30 per dog per week. Not too bad maybe for one dog but it would be £90 for me. 8O

There are a couple of places I'm looking at for next year (Scotland) that don't charge at all for three dogs.

:D

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as I have 3 now and that would be my main holiday :D then thats really good
Cheaper then taking kids away :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
We went to Keldy forest in August, we booked in for 3 nights and came home after 2!!!!. The master bedroom was up a pine staircase and Pippy was tip tapping up and down the stairs and blowing under the door most of the night, so we didn't get any sleep for 2 nights!!!!!......so we came home.

The cabins were clean, whilst basic had all mod cons, dogs do have to be on lead around the park and the cabins have a varander which is good so the dogs can keep coming in and out of the cabin onto the varander.

We did have a fantastic few hours on the beach at Ravenscar in the rain which is about 45 mins away........that really was the best bit :D No more doggy holidays for us, we would have been better off staying at home!

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
G we're going for a short break in Feb in Norfolk and taking 7 labs 8O :lol:
Let me know and i'll email the link to you it looks fab and from what the owner has told us it's home from all with all the comforts of home to..............may well never come home :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts