Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to everyone
back online now had to reregister
harvey is doing fine now he is nearly 8 months old the limping he had for 2.5 months has virtually gone he was on rimmadyl for 9 weeks and has now been off them for 9 days he is doing fine it looks like it might have been growing pains after all , i am still watching him closely though he is still growing and weighs 31 kilos (is that to big ?)
he has been a little destructive recently but not too bad
regards gary..

·
Registered
880 Posts
31kgs is a good adult weight for a male I'd say, it does depend if its muscle or fat though also you ought to be able to feel each rib but not be able to play the xylophone on him, his waist should be easily visiable, as many people have said on other threads the bottom line is the touch test.
Anna

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Gary,

Can't really say welcome as you were here before me ! lol but welcome again :D

Interestingly there is a post from sirhalo, titled ' Panostitis ' on the home page, that refers to ' growing pains ' worth a look!

Pleased Harvey is improving.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Gary,

Welcome Back :D

I've got a limping Harvey too - he's damaged the ligament in his shoulder and has to rest for another 5 weeks!! :roll: You know how hard that is!! He's on Rimadyl too.

Glad you're Harvey is on the mend :D

I'm not sure about the weight, but Harvey is 6 and a half monnths and weighs about 24kg?

Best wishes

Fay

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Gary,

Welcome back to the forum. :D

I'm glad Harvey is on the mend :wink: I'm not sure about the weight either it depends on you dogs size as all dogs are different. As anna said the touch test is the best way to find out.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Gary, :D

Good to see you back, and i'm so pleased to hear Harvey is doing well, i know how concerned you were about him limping before. Sounds like it could just be growing pains after all.

If you're unsure about his weight, i'd take him down to the vet to jump on the scales. I know it varies from dog to dog, and yes, the 'rib' test, is a good clue as to whether or not they are overweight.

You say he's been a little destructive lately, could be his hormones. I know Bradley went through a little 'funny' phase when he was about 8 or 9 months, mainly not obeying commands and generally being as cheeky as he possily could. 8O :lol:

You'll have to upload some pics of him when you get chance, we can see how much he's grown, we've got a 'calander competition' running now too, so you might like to enter him in for that.

Anyway, welcome back, have fun on the site and i'm sure we'll chat again soon.

Bye for now

Julie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts