Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I posted a while back when Harvey was just a pup. Since then he's grown into a lovely 9 month old with a great temperament, and really makes us proud.

We would LOVE a play mate for him, but we're struggling to find another lab to rescue. There just doesn't seem to be any around.

I work from home, and Harvey is with me all day. He loves his walks and has turned into a fanatical swimmer! We have a large garden, and my office is in the conservatory, which leads to the garden. Harvey likes to come and go as he pleases, but usually curls up under my desk. We like to go on long walks and meet other dogs.

Can anyone help? We'd ideally like a youngish dog or bitch, between 6 months and two years (older if the dog is energetic). We can provide a fantastic home with all the attention a lab would need.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Lovely to hear of someone looking for a rescue dog :)

Whereabouts are you and how far would you be able to travel - that will help people point you in the right direction :flower:

I adopted my youngest lab from Labrador Rescue South East & Central, who are fantastic, so very happy to recommend them if you're in their area:
http://www.loveyourlabrador.co.uk/contacts.html

·
Registered
946 Posts
We have 3 rescues that are from the pound and we are in West Yorkshire. The only downside of a dog from the pound is they are usually strays and are therefore little is known about them. But it might be worth a look, I have just been on Rain Rescue and there is a lovely chocolate lab in Springfield in Wakefield, he has only just gone on so may well be claimed as he looks in very good condition.

Obvously getting a dog with no history is not for everyone but we have been very lucky.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Well Done! and good luck...keep us posted :)

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I'm not sure what general rescues (as in rehome all breeds/crosses) you have in your area, but it's definitely worth trying them too as Labs will come up in general rescue as well as breed rescue.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Trick202

A friend has a 2 and a half year old bitch, very energetic great with other dogs, cats horses and people. Being rehomed due to no fault of her own. Not to be used for breeding. She is in West Yorkshire, Bingley area. If interested please let me know.

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
cenedra said:
Hi Trick202

A friend has a 2 and a half year old bitch, very energetic great with other dogs, cats horses and people. Being rehomed due to no fault of her own. Not to be used for breeding. She is in West Yorkshire, Bingley area. If interested please let me know.

If your friend need to rehome and needs help please let me know :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts