Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

was wondering if anybody walks their labrador in a Harness?? i have seen a few locally walking in harnesses, and i walked harvey in a small harness when he was younger as he just wouldnt walk with a collar (and he did seem to walk perfectly on his harness) however he is now on a collar and lead and walks ok 50 percent of the time however pulls the other 50 percent which is getting a handfullas he is a big dog 40kg at 12 months and apparently not overweight according to the vet!!!!!

Would anyone recommend a harness for a fully grown/12 month old lab or is it not recommended???

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Even though we sell harnesses at Padfoots I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend putting a dog that pulls in one.

If a dog already pulls then puting him in a harness may curb this initially but he will soon come to realise that he can pull into the harness which in all honesty means he will pull like a train and you will have even less control over him.

Pulling is a training issue but in the short term I would recommend a Halti rather than a harness.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I've used a harness on Diesel for the past year and its been a god sent.
I got one from PAH and personally recommend it.
When walking him with a collar he pulled everywhere and when we put the harness he stops. Its almost like he knows he cant pull when its on him and he doesn't.
I take it off him as soon as we get to the park / destination and put it back on on the way home.
It worked wounders when we took him to cornwall i could walk past a fish and chip shop without him pulling to get inside :roll: :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts