Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and the hardest ever on a forum
We have a lab puppy (bitch) she will be 12 weeks old this Friday.

We have had her for three weeks.
During this time my asthma has got worst, and I have had a headache for all this time. My son has had to use his inhaller more often too.

Our pup is left in the kitchen for most of the day (big kitchen size of half our house.... two rooms into one) as we work. I get home at 3.45 with my son.

In the pet shop I had no probs but I feel that as she is in the kitchen and then the living room and then our cuddles it is agrivating me.

Hence this post.

I have rung the shop who first of all vetted us and the manager said that although can not take her back as she is used to a home environment and could not like the cage again(which I totally agree with and hate cages of any sort for animals) she would keep an ear out for a new owner.
However, if this proves unsuccessful, could you advise me on how we can find her a loving home, although she is used to being left, I feel that it is unfair on her for her tolilet training, although she is getting used to doing her business on the paper - JUST lol..

I would not like her to be re homed near here (Stevenage Herts) as it would be too upsetting to see her grow and know it was cos of me that we could not keep her. We are in tears at home...

So, any ideas on 'advertising her' I do not like the idea of putting her 'up for sale' in the local newspaper- she is not a settee or a fridge...

so, any help or advice would be appreciated. I read that it is not just the hair but the saliva and urine that makes asthma sufferers worse, did not know this, would not have agreed to buy her. She is yellow lab - but more honey coloured. Goes by the name of Cassie now.. and so so cute... making myself sad now, so better close. :(

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi
So sorry to hear of your plight. Labrador Rescue would be able to help and every home is vetted so you could rest that she would be going to a good home, but of course they do not buy the puppy from you. They would not re-home the dog near to you because they mostly work on at least a 25 mile radius. If you would like to pm me I will be able to put you in touch with someone who would help you.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Rosie

Meg's suggestion is a very good one and I hope that you have been in touch with her to get the details.

May I say that I really feel for you. This must be a very difficult and upsetting decision for you and your family. A few years back, we had to take a beloved pet back to rescue as my mum was recovering from an illness and unable to cope. We had only had Ally (a beautiful lurcher cross) for a week but he had really become a part of our family. We heard later though that he had found a good home with another family so we took comfort in that.

I do hope that you find a suitable solution for all of you and I know that this decision must have been awful for you. You are obviously a responsible and caring person.

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Rosie,

It must be a very difficult decision for you to make, just wanted to say i how sorry i am to hear of this happening, i really do hope it all works out for you, and i'm sure you will find a loving home for your lab soon.

I'm sure Labrador Rescue will be able to help you. (Contact Megaloo i should)

http://www.labrador-rescue.com

Julie

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
HI Rosie
It is Megaloo again. I know Bradley's Mum posted a web page to you but that is Labrador Trust I do not think they cover your area. I do not want to post someones telephone number, but please pm me and I will help or go to www.lrsec.org I do know they cover your area. I have been thinking about you, I know it must be very hard. Please let us know if you are coping or if you stilll need help.Best Wishes Meg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Thanks for all your replies.

I have found the site and there are a couple who live here who work for the rescue team.

I am finding it hard as not only is my illness the problem but she keeps scaring my 4 year old and we end up asking him to keep away from her. Hubby and I are arguing like mad and to be honest my marriage is now over cos of all of this - he is a animal lover and is so upset about her having to go and can not understand that i just can not cope with the clearing up her business etc and hate having to shout at my son to keep away while I try to clean up.

not the puppy's fault though, more deep routed I feel. There is also the issue about the money, paid 550 for her and all her stuff and hubby annoyed that we will not get a penny back nowcos of me.......... he wants to keep her - but not me.......... so either she goes and my marriage is over or she stays and I have to leave. messy eh?
poor pup.... she is lovely and loves me to bits
sorry for rambling he just came home and said we will have to sell the house and go our seperate ways.......... oh dear , not the forum for my probs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts