Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Monty has been neglected the last few weeks. I've had a flare up of my kidney disease and am off work and my mum's been in hospital at the same time. In amongst the chaos we missed his first birthday (19th June). We're both gutted as wanted to mark the occasion in some way. However, we've decided instead to celebrate his 'Gotcha Day' and do something special in August.

Monty's been making do with sporadic long walks with my mother in law while hubby's at work otherwise it's short walks round the neighbourhood with me. He's been an absolute trooper and not complained at all. In fact, he's become something of a lap dog, enjoying bringing me his toys while I sit on the sofa or sleep next to me.

Happy belated birthday Monty, you're my hero!

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Aw happy birthday Monty! He has such a squachable little face, love the labby 'jowls' so much!

Sorry to hear you have been poorly, I was going to ask where you were as have not seen you on here in a while. I hope you start to feel better soon, I know how painful kidney problems can be :(

Bless Monty for adapting well! I think they can sense when we are not quite up for walks, as they always seem to quieten down and not be so demanding! He looks like the perfect stay at home partner too, lots of cuddles :)

Get well wishes for your mother also xx

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Happy belated birthday beautiful boy :) nothing better than a lab lying beside you on the sofa :) they are such a comfort when you need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.