Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok got a halti (thanks you huge hugs you know who you are :))

1st try: welllllll what can i say i have read the lil book looked at the packaging and put it on brandys head took all of 3 secs and it was on the floor with brandy looking at me as if to say what was that..

2nd try: gave a treat brandy sat still slipped halti on again then she threw herself on floor and as my hand was still on her collar i scrapped all me knuckles...

3rd try: again brandy sitting still (now rosze come over to see) slip halti on rosze helps brandy take it off...

4th try: lock rosze in house...sit brandy down attach halti released halti to loose around the neck she slips it off again

5th try: halti fits great round neck me happy brandy not..lol..and she slips it off her nose runs away from me

6th try :after running round the garden a few times catch brandy i more or less sit on her to keep her still put halti on trying ot give her treat NO NO NO NO she is not having it and throws herself on the floor and off it comes again

7th try: halti on face brandy STAND UP...brandy having none of it twists left and right nearly breaking me hand..lol..then paws it off her nose

no more trys i take it away in a huff :( and brandy wins!!!!!!!

WHAT CAN I DO!!..lol..how do i stop her taking it off her nose...and i didnt even manage to leave the garden..lol..

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Clair

At least Brandy got some exercise in the garden! I've been thinking about getting one for Smudge but you've kind of put me off! lol! Have read some posts that suggest they are a godsend when you actually manage to get out on your walk!

Hopefully someone will be able to offer you some practical advice here!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes would love to leave my garden..lol.. i have never walked brandy with out having my arm stretched like a elastic band..lol..this is the only thing i havent treid and so many ppl have said they are great for pulling dogs and training puppys to heel and such ..so i took the plunge and now brandy is laughing at me..lol..
but please dont let me put you off them.. :lol: :lol: just dont tell your smudge about brandys tricks..lol..

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol.. :lol: :lol: well i never thought of that i was concentrating to much on getting hte darn thing to stay on brandys head..lol..so someone could be having a lugh at me about it..LOL..my hubby did shake his head at one point and said waste of time..lol..

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Well he could have given you a hand!!! :lol: :lol: I would have told him to go get on with that green house! LOL :oops: :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
HI Claire
We did say persevere!! Ha Ha I am not being funny I presume they have sold you the right size?? As it should not slip off that easy.
Try again tomorrow when you are less frustrated, and only a couple of times then give both her and yourself a break. I can assure you once you have both got the knack, you will be happy?? Good luck. meg

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi clair,
right just picked myself up after falling off the chair laughing :lol: meg is dead right. perseverance is the name of the game. the first day i tried with max, well tears and tantrums wasnt the word :cry: so i put it away and started a fresh the next day.it took me a couple of days of trying leaving trying leaving again :roll: if its to big for her try putting a couple of stitches in the bottom loop and making it smaller. i had to do that to max's. he still has a mad go at getting it off but gives up after a couple of swipes at it 8O
keep trying and good luck

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cristina ..lol..never thought of that should of told himt o go finish the green house but as he was upset about his motorbike i just scowled at him..lol..

meg yes its the right size :) but brandy just says its not meant for her head..lol..

maxsmum..lol..glad i made you laugh :lol: :lol: i will keep trying everyday..lol..brandy is right now looking at me as i have the halti by me she is probaby thinking im ready for round 3..LOL..so far

halti 0 brandy 2....LOL...

will try again tomorrow and let ya know..:):)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Oh Clairiscrazy! sounds like a right benny hill chase!

I have a size 3 Halti for Scooby and it is a little large but at the rate he is growing it will fit him perfectly in no time.

I got a free attachment with mine that clips from the halti to the proper collar so that if they do manage to get it off that they aren't free and you are still attached to the collar. You can buy these links separately.

The trick with Scooby was to keep him moving forward (usually by some sort of treat held in front of him)

I hope it does work out for you. I think they are taken back by the strange sensation on their muzzle but should get used to it.

Good luck :?

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Thats how we succeeded, Tracey - two pairs of hands and forward motion. Once he was moving Shadow could only get his paw up every now and again!

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
stick with it clair and show her who's boss!! just like i did at 5am this morning when max decided the bed wasnt big enough for both of us :roll: thunderpaws 1 mum 0 :oops:

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[email protected] jane oh i know about that one as soon as ian leaves the bed rosze replaces him..lol. the thing i dont like is she puts her head right next to mine which is sweet i suppose but then she SNORES and that is not sweet..lol..

tracey yes i have that attachment didnt realise to begin with were it went though..lol..but i do now so today ill try it again..lol..

grecianexile..lol..maybe if i dangle a huge chewy bone infront of her that would work better....lol..

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Not as bad as snoring and farting while in bed (ben that is not me lol) :lol: . At least you not giving up clair!! Hope it works soon !!

Cristina

1 - 20 of 34 Posts