Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any close relatives out there to my daughter's beautiful black lab Guinness.
He was born on 29th June 2008 and his registered name is Belarry Montroveve.

SIRE'S Line -
Delfleet Garlic

FT CH Lafayette Tolley
Stitchwood Rapier

FT CH Kilderkin Renoir
Black Purdey of Keswick
FT CH Parphea Tide
Lady Jane of Norfolk

FT CH Abbotsleigh Joshua
Plummer Kilderkin
FT CH Shinshail Apache
Bedinghamhall Donna
Palgrave Willow of Findpoint
Dee of the Cottage at Parphea
Birdbrook Clint of Birchams
Blazing Pearl

Angletowns Black Magic
Susan of Brackenbank
FT CH Hedenhampark Dash of Philray
FT CH Earsham Park Holly
Combe Castle Childbrook
Hollyberry Teal
Bedinghamhall Brig
Shadow of Dawn of Bedinghamhall
Palgrave Rock of Hambroo
Palgrave Queenie
Birdbrook Quinton
Anna Blondie
FT CH Greenwood Timothy of Holdgate
FT CH Purdey of Bonhote of Birdbrook
Dusky Duke of Balclutha
Tender Whisper

DAM'S line
Toi Toi Kaikoura

Shaddow Flit
Titttlepath Little Stint

Dipwood Gordino
Dipwood Oslek
Triggerville Stormy Knight of Grangemead
Alis Angel of Tittlepath (IKC)

Rosslea Mark
Kenine Parsley
Rosslea Mark
Kenine Clove
Countrygem Biscuit
Fernvalley Wild Hyacinth at Vurengold
Stan of Sligo
Dhreena's Girl

FT CH Pocklea Remus
Garleton Anna of Pocklea
Beeches Byron
Teal of Holbeck
FT CH Pocklea Remus
Garleton Anne of Pocklea
Beeches Byron
Teal of Holbeck
Naiken Eduardo Esquire
Greatworth Bounty
Fernvalley Moss
Mist in the Morning Dew in Fernvalley
Knocknarea Joe Heath
Rachel of Termon
Sam of Cerritos
Aughadreena Ivy Love

Thank you

June

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Well you know that Gem's sire is also Delfleet Garlic so she is a half sister and, of course, he is grandsire to both Darcy and Pepper and Stitchwood Rapier is grandsire of Boots, so Guinness is related to four of mine!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Jill - I do recall asking you what you thought at the time we were thinking of getting Guinness - because I realised he would be half brother to Gem. You said he would probably be intelligent and would need plenty to occupy him - and you were certainly right! He's clever and definitely leads Monty a dance (Monty and I do doggy day care for him).
He is a very handsome lad - though unlike your gang - he's black. He does however have just a couple of the tell-tale white hairs on his chest.
Must get round to putting a piccie of him on here

June

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi I've just been looking up our new puppies pedigree and her father is Salvador Henry who's parents are Shadow Flit and Tittlepath Little Stint so our puppie is a cousin ? She is yellow :) I didn't have the fifth generation of her pedigree yet so now I do :)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Oooh, Guiness is related fairly closely to both my dogs, how lovely :D

Jill's mentioned the link with Boots, and Bracken's grandsire is Triggerville Stormy Knight, so she has him and all behind him.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh goodness - I wasn't expecting this old thread to be resurrected!

Yes Kerry - it does seem like Guinness and Rosie are first cousins. Up till now I had not come across any close relatives on his dam's side (though a few on his sire's side). Guinness is now just turned two and has matured into an extremely fine looking dog. He's tall for a lab from working lines, and has an exceptional coat. We got him from a breeder in Co. Durham. Guinness is a lovely lad but is still pretty hyper - plenty of hoolies and bum-tucks :roll: :roll:

He is officially my daughter and son in law's dog - but is with me every day when they are at work. He certainly keeps Monty on his toes :) :) :)

Mo - I knew of course that Guinness is pretty closely related to Boots - but hadn't realised he's also a relative of Bracken.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi June Rosie is quite big too we just had her weighed for her first jab yesterday and she is 8.2 kg at 10 weeks that's nearly 3 kg more than Peppa was !! Huge paws :)
We are just up the road from co,Durham and both Rosies parents live on farms just along from us so they stayed local.
It's nice to hear about a close relative :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I know this is a really old post, but we have Alfie, he was born the same day and has the same sire and dam. He’s the most loving and perfect lab. We are looking to get him a friend and it led me to your post 🙂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts