Labradors Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of a new season today.

Today was a walk up for four guns, on the outlying edges of a moor in Derbyshire. The bag for the day was 15 brace, it was a really pleasant day. The dogs worked well, the guns shot well, a good time was had by all.

My team selection for today, Sonny and Fizz.

A couple of shots of the line

On walked up days, you don't get many photo opportunities, but when Fizz is about, I can't help myself :wink: :wink:

This picture is at the top of the moor, looking down towards Glossop.

Finally, a couple of the dogs in action.

Tomorrow, I'm beating, so there may be some cocker pics to come :wink: :wink:

Andrew

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Fizz is a very photogenic woofer! Lovely poses and then flappy ears on the run-in! Looking forward to more pics!!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
centrefire said:
They tell me Lee was very unlucky yesterday Andy, he was a bit gutted that Skye wasn't an OFTW after she worked so well.

Keith

I spoke to him after the trial Keith, so unfortunate for that to happen when she'd gone so well, and had it in the bag.

Let's hope he has better luck in the Yellow Lab Club, on Monday and Tuesday.

Andrew.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Very nice pictures, particularly the one of Fizz retrieving – very good. How long did it take and how many miles were walked for the 15 brace?

John

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We started at 0930, and finished at 1430 John, with a few breaks.

In terms of distance, probably not a great mileage, but it is tough terrain, steep hills in places, interspersed with peat hags, boggy ground, scree slopes, and tussocky grass, we've got it all.

Andrew

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I almost didn't open this as I didn't want to know *green moster alert*

God it looks good out there! Scenary to die for and the company of some good looking and quite obviously useful dogs. Wow!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Beautiful Photos. Is that near Snake Pass ? - I drive over there to visit my friends in Rotherham and it looks familiar. Must be some of the best scenery in Britain.

Karen & Sash

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well spotted Karen, The Snake forms part of the boundary to the moor.

Next time you go across to Rotherham, when you get to the top of the pass, where the Pennine Way goes across, look up to your left, the big hill is called Gathering Hill, that's where to pic was taken from.

Just a little bit more info for you, on the top of Gathering Hill is the wreckage of a Canadian bomber that crashed during WW 2, 8 airmen died in the crash, still makes me pause and reflect a little everytime I'm up there.

On a clear day you can see across the Cheshire Plains to Snowdonia, whilst in the opposite direction, Stanedge Edge and Mam Tor are clearly visible, as is Win Hill.

It's a very special place, with an atmosphere all of it's own.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
barney2007 said:
the company of some good looking and quite obviously useful dogs. Wow!
i thought you would write about the good looking man in the pics :lol: :lol:
but no... only dogs in mind :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts