Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope you didnt mind me doing this, to start a new thread.thought it would save having to scroll through.

would people be so kind to email me there ideas please, for the fun day its so i can compile it a alot easier,

plus areas , i was thinking north of the M25.

my email is [email protected]

thanks so much, i know this is going to take me a few months to organise, but am really exicited, it started as an idea of wishing to meet up with people who have been so kind to me.

then thought make it a fun day, ie even best suggested game for the dogs etc etc.

thanks so much and look forward to your emails in earnest.

on your marks get set go.

all the best

gary

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Sausages threaded on strings hung off a bit of wood, firsrt dog to eat all sausages.
You could also have a scurry type thing with bales of straw in a line and the sides boarded off to make a jumping lane, dummy thrown to land at end of line, dog to jump all the nbales to get dummy and return over jumps. Timed so the fastest wins.
I went to a Dog Olymics at the weekend. The obstacle race included sitting down and peeling a potato. The whole thing was hilarious. the clothes were either too big or too small, there were people tripping or couldn't walk as clothes very tight, dogs jumping about, running off.
The Potato and bucket had me crying with laughter. People getting dragged about by their dogs or being jumped on as the dogs thought it a game. One dog kept grabbing the spuds and wouldn't give them up.
Sherry

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
I think all the rescues and people who sell stuff could bring there stuff.

Get an agility someone to do a display and then have 'serious' mini-comp followed by 'have a go' laugh mini-disp. If space maybe some working dog display. Mouse and Becs (if coming!) could do doggie dancing!!

Have usual pet comp. Best yellow lab, choc, black, non-lab etc etc Bravest lab etc.
And then the daft game suggestions Sherry put on other thread.

You should farm out the organising of these to other people!! Just timetable them!!

Luna requests an area of paddling pools and tents so that dogs can stay cool and big fenced off area so that she can meet all her friends without pesky human legs getting in the way!!! And sausages!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much, has gievn me some ideas, plus a few of my own, which will be a suprise.

i will try and be on as much as i can today, but i think im having a bad day, all my joints and jaw is hurting mr today.

i really appreciatr this keep erm coming please

thanks again

gary

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Well why not come along to WHAM fun dog show at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, Sunday 27th Sept.

We have everything there already and you can all meet up and have a walk around Hylands

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good, i was going to try and plan this for about feb, hopefully by then i may have finished my chemo, plus then will give me the oppurtunity to say a huge thanks to everyone, so be prepared to get a hug,

will make sure there is a theropist there for you after hetting a hug,lmao.

ref hylands park do they have a web site please.

thanks

all the best

gary

G

·
Hi Gary,

If you go to the WHAM webpage (click on the www link at the bottom of Nats post) there's a link for Hylands website on there.

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, i have been trying to be a clever clogs, well in theory,lolol

have created a folder etc in microsoft one note, splitting them up into sections.

i know ive got quite a task here, but will try my best and hopefully will be able to scream

hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeellllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppppp,,

thanks

gary

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plus i will have to organise a very special top of the range of sausages for luna, personally served , would luna care for a napkin, eat in or out,

lolollolollololo

It did mke me laugh about the tents, lmao

i will list the events etc, then put it onto here and then see what everyone thinks.

thanks again,plus any suggestions help etc will be gracefully accepted

email is

[email protected]

all the best

gary

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
This sounds like fun!

How about these?

Temptation Alley. line treats all the way along in a straight line, take your dog to one end and you are at the other, and you have to recall your dog without them being tempted by the treats they pass!

Stays: whos dog can do a 1 minute stay without getting up.

Have a mini paddling pool filled with floating balls. The dog has to jump in a retreive the balls in a certain time limit.

Leg weaving race - dog to weave in and out of owners legs whilst they walk.

Tennis ball catching contests - which dog can catch the most in a set time period and which dog can catch the most at once

The Chocolate Drop Race
For this you need a large bag of dogs' chocolate drops (not human chocolate as this is poisonous to dogs) and plenty of greedy dogs. The idea is to put several lines of choc drops starting from about halfway down the hall to the end. The race is run in heats. The handlers start at one end of the hall and race to the lines of choc drops with their dogs. The dog that eats its own line of choc drops and can race back to the start with their handler wins the heat. Handlers cannot eat the chocolate themselves.

Simon Says
All the handlers form a circle with their dogs while someone stands in the middle to give the command Simon says. The handlers walk round with their dogs until "Simon" gives one of the commands "Simon says sit, down or stand." The last dog to do whatever Simon says drops out and the game continues until a winner is left. Dogs can get very excited during this game as their handlers suddenly become very animated in their commands. You'll need several judges to prevent arguments breaking out as to which dog was the slowest.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they sound good ones.

im also thinking of seeing if i can try tug of war.

maybe labs versers other breeds or male verses girls.

it may be they just clear off and play with the rope.

just thought it may be a laugh

am i think to have the most disobedient dog and the most obedient.

want to try and do it so everyone is a winner.

thanks again

gary

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Oh something else you can try! It's called Rally-Obedience. It's popular in the states and is only just starting over here! I really want to give this ago but no where does it.

What is Rally?
Dog and handler team navigate a course with numbered signs indicating different exercises to perform such as, Sit Down Sit, Staight figure 8, Send over Jump, Recall over Jump, Left Turn. Teams navigate the course at a brisk continuous performance without direction from the judge. Handlers are encouraged to talk to their dogs during the performance.
All dogs, purebred, mixed breed and dogs with disabilities are encouraged to participate.

WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO:
http://www.apdt.co.uk/ukrally.asp

YOU TUBE VIDEO: This is a quite advanced dog, so dont be put off. We could all have a laugh doing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuAz-pis5E8

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that sounds different, must admit havent heard of that one.

i was going to compile everything, i imagine it would take me a while, hopefully will have it done by the time ive finished the chemo and be fighting fit again.

if not i can still attend and if i ask someone nicely may take my dogs round for me.

then if i publish the proposed list on here everyone can have a look and see if they ok with that

all the best

gary

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Plus i will have to organise a very special top of the range of sausages for luna, personally served , would luna care for a napkin, eat in or out,
Luna says any old sausage appreciated! Personally served very appreciated, napkin..... only if she has to wait for sausage (drools!! :roll: ) and eat in or out-extremely flexible!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but must be served with fresh mountain water, but also must have silver service.

lololol

I will try and do the whole day called fun, nothing seriuos through out the day,want to get everyone involved so everyone is a winner.

Of course can do some seriuos one,s but my main goal will be for no upper stiff lip stuff, but just a nice relaxing fun day

however is anyone wishes me to do best bitch, dog , pup etc can do that

im really getting into this, it will certainly keep me busy for months, will then hopefully keep my mind off the chemo

thanks again

keep them coming please,

gary

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
This could definitely keep you busy!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
one of my mates organised a fun day along side another show, so he use all there amenities there was just an entry fee, i think he said it was about £10.

It is extra revenue for them, so in between there events we can have the events we want to.

in the same token i can thank everyone for being so kind,

i just hope i have enough health to attend.

i feel quite sick today, my jaw and all my joints are kiling me.

but please keep the ideas going so i can complie a days events

all the best

gary

1 - 20 of 26 Posts