Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Erm........hi...........stupid here!

Me and OH can't work out what goes on with food at camping!

We've got a little stove and a kettle for cuppas, and breakfast and lunch will be fairly straightforward but what about tea?

Surely it woud take 4 hours to cook a proper meal on the tiny stove?

So what are you all going to eat?

I foresee salads for tea! :lol:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
We have a caravan with a full size oven and a microwave but sod cooking :lol: :lol: just open the wine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lesley

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
hehe the first time we camped we did bbq one night and take away chinese the next second time we did chinese fish and chips and bbq :wav:

We are going to go with non cookable staples - salads etc (oh b*m am veggie now arent I) so erm erm CHEESE then and play it by ear

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought salad one night then chippie another night - just hope there's a takeaway nearby!

Although OH will not be amused by salad - he insists that at least one meal a day has to be hot! :lol:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were going to do that but what do we do with the meat to keep it cool in the meantime?

We've only got a canvas coolbag thing for our milk etc but I'm not sure if it would be ok for meat. Being veggie I'm wary of this scary meat stuff!

Ooo just thought I could make a big pasta salad for one night.

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
We bought a portable gas bbq and we now have an electrical hook up so we will be taking our mini egg fridge to keep stuff cool. If you have a cool box and you put the frozen thingies in with the meat - there is Friday sorted. Sat you can do take out - assuming there is a take away?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
assuming there is a take away
Ooh I hope so Sonia! Pizza or chips will be just what we need after a long day of labby activities!

I wonder if anyone knows?????

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Just looked at the website

Facilities
The following facilities are available at this site; Club Service Pitch, Club Standard Pitch, Hardstanding, Storage facilities, Some shelter, Toilets, Hot showers, Washbasins, Electric razor sockets, Family shower room, Chemical toilet disposal point, Drinking water, Motorhome Stop-off, Laundry facilities, Dishwashing facilities, Ice pack freezing facility, Childrens play area, Bottled gas, Dogs welcome.

No mention of takeaway 8O

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
The other kind of food that is easy to cook (from experience) is Pasta and Sauce, very easy or even easier those stir in pasta pastes.

Or of course there is every campers staple diet..............POT NOODLE :lol: :lol:

I take a cool box and buy a bag of ice cubes pack my stuff on top

G

·
There must be a take away somewhere close by the camp site :? there has to be or we'll be living on baked beans and dog food 8O :lol:

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
We are doing spag bol.

Cook and freeze during the week, take in cool box with ice packs, deforsts on it's own during saturday (all cooked already so nice and safe), then two pans on stove, one for water & pasta and one for heating spag bol! Ta da!

Plus it goes better with vino rouge, so we won't have to bother keeping drinks cold!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
We are taking disposable BBQ's for both nights - we will be getting a coll box that runs off the car so all sorted there :D

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
On the GT day, at Kingsbury there is a great cafe on site.....

For those who are Hi De Hi'ing it's either fend for ya self or the nearest is the services at M42 ( Tamworth )

A supermarket is a short distance beyond the services for provisions

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
If you can't be bothered to cook, take a tip from our labs;-
Find someone who has a heaped plate of food on their lap, sit REAL close, fix your eyes unblinkingly on their plate and drool--- big long shoe-laces of drool. This is my tactics anyway!!! If you can't beat'em- join'em!!!

Love never-known-to-go-hungry Becs and the dribble-Gang!!!

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
Oooo good idea with spag bol Sarah may have to do something like that as our cool box will be full of the dogs raw food :roll:

Yer can't have nowt to yerself these days :lol:

G

·
If you put everything in your cool bag frozen it will keep longer. When I went last year I froze as much as I could before putting it in the cool bag with ice packs. Froze bottles of water, milk, meat, etc and it kept ok. An all in one pasta dish is easy to do on a single stove - just take a pasta sauce with you and you are sorted.

G

·
Just another tip - if you are taking disposable BBQ's with you the campsite like you to put them on a couple of bricks, there were some lying around the site last year

1 - 20 of 25 Posts