Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Administrator
Lovely! I always think that as gundog work is something we do together with our dog that it enhances the relationship.

And for anyone reading this and thinking "I dont want to be involved in shooting and the like!" there is no need to in order to train the basics. The training is done using canvas dummies, and if a person gets really interested there is even competitions, gundog working tests, all carried out using dummies!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lovely! I always think that as gundog work is something we do together with our dog that it enhances the relationship.

And for anyone reading this and thinking "I dont want to be involved in shooting and the like!" there is no need to in order to train the basics. The training is done using canvas dummies, and if a person gets really interested there is even competitions, gundog working tests, all carried out using dummies!
Your so right John, I had no intention of joining a shoot, I just wanted to use it as an extension to his training. Just to see how far he can go and also to keep his brain active, it tires him out far more than just a walk, and also has brought us even closer. I get so much enjoyment out of it, especially these past few months of lockdown.

Administrator
My shoot gives me private woods and fields where I can walk and train. What can be nicer on a summers day?

Administrator
Phelan Ben! Lovely working pedigree! I know so many of the dogs there, and their breeders, particularly on the top (dog) line. He is related to my Amy. Here on a water retrieve in Windlesham park.

Administrator
Further back he's also related to my Anna. At the Game Conservancy working test in West Wycombe Park. She had just completed the water test, hence the bedraggled appearance.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both gorgeous dogs you have there John, yes, I have also been told by others That Ben has a good working pedigree although that was more luck than judgement on our part. We bought him primarily as a pet from a close friend who had a litter from her working lab as she wanted to keep one for herself and the others going to people she knew.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts