Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any information on grovehurst kennels would be appreciated as i have a dog with the prefix grovehurst. foxtrot

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Sorry Foxtrot, I can tell you almost nothing about this kennel. They seem a bit strange because of the dogs they have bred, most are show lines but at least one, Star of Glory of Grovehurst, was from a working line through Swinbrook Twig who was out of Palgrave Kay by Drakeshead Actor of Shotgate! I wonder what their thoughts were at the time???

Regards, John

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
......Ummm ok then...but only this once.......just don't forget your mags lol :wink:

Foxtrot, sorry, John is one of a few hugely knowledgable members and the above posts were a surprise !

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
...opps... :oops:

Just re read that and it should of read...
John is one of a few knowledgable members on lines !

Apologies to all :oops:

Humbly on knees :oops: :(

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Damn and blast...John that didn't mean you were not knowledgable on anything else.....oh hell I give up ! 8O

Hole dug..............

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
The thing is Rhoni, there were 44000 Labradors registered last year and unfortunatly I only know 43999. :(

PS. 84 hours to go!

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
John......

WHAT! best up to speed then my man ! chop chop !

83 hours now........... :wink: Getting excited? ...Go on you can tell us :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
John I know there are not many hours left now. But PLEASE do not neglect us when you have your new arrival Regards Meg

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Don't worry Meg, over the last little while this has become the place I come to unwind. Sit back in the evening with a drink in my hand and relax. My shoot captain gave me a bottle of Cognac and Passion Fruit last week so I intend to sample the delights tonight! :lol:

Regards, John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Grovehurst

If you're still interested, Grovehurst is a kennel based in Appledore in Kent run by a very nice lady called Diana. Tel 01233 758605.

We had a black boy from them who was the most beautifull pup imaginable with an amazing temprament. Sadly, he died at three months after contracting a very nasty virus.

We will be getting another one from Grovehurst and I would not hesitate in recommending them to anyone else.

(I would have attached a picture but this site won't let me)

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Oh my word! I've just noticed the rest of this thread! 27th of May last year and it was 63 hours left to the arrival of Amy! What a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. Amy is now 18 months old and looking forward to her first day in the field! How quickly time passes.

Regards, John

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Come on john where are the picks its been a while since we have had any of amy maybe some action shots of her on her first day in the field :D

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
oh my god John......where did the last 18 months go!!!!heehee must have been something you drank!!!heehee

:lol:

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
That must have been a very good bottle of malt then Sarah!

I'll certainly be taking my camera for her first day Melanie. She's all ready, with the exception that she's in season!!! I was picking up with Anna last Saturday and a couple of the guns were asking when they were going to see her working. I've penciled in the 11th of November, but depending on how quickly she gets her working head on after her season it could be as early as the 28th of this month.

Regards, John

1 - 20 of 23 Posts