Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

My name is Rach and i have got a gorgeous 5 month old choc lab called Rufus.

If anyone can share any tips with me about labs that would be great as i have never owned a lab before.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Rach

Love the name Rufus - one of my parents' dogs is called that and he's one of my best doggy buddies. :D

We've also got our first lab - a choc called Corbie who's 4 months on Monday. Just started to lose his teeth so he's a bit gappy! He's a lovely dog and lots of fun, but is always nice when he has his sleeps. :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karen for the reply.

Rufus has nearly lost allof his bay teeth now. It was a bit scary finding them on the floor!

I know what you mean about them being nice after a sleep. Ruf is having a nap now so hopefully he will be all cuddly when he wakes up.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Rach,

Welcome to the site.

I bet that was a shock finding Rufus's teeth on the floor, we didn't see any of our Lab Bradleys..they just seemed to disappear! :shock:

How old was Rufus when you first got him.. is there anything specific you need some tips on? We are always here to help, so don't hesitate to ask lots of questions, we all know how difficult it can be sometimes being a Lab owner for the first time.

Enjoy the site, and chat to you again soon.

Bradleysmum :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bradleysmum

Yeah it was a shock to find his teeth on the floor but at least he has stopped biting me now!(nobody told me that puppy teeth are so sharp).

Rufus was 9 weeks when i got him. We picked him at 7 weeks and the 2 weeks we had to wait seemed to last for ages and i wouldn't be without him now. :p

There is nothing major that i need to kknow at the mo, but any tips advice would be great. I think i've sussed feeding and walking but he does pull alot and bite his lead!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts