Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site (again!) I joined just before the crash!
I am labradorless at the moment having lost my darling Jet 2 years ago and his son Murhpy 6 months ago.
I have got to wait until January for a puppy, cos my husband is a pig!
This year is going so slowly!!
I would like a black puppy from working stock, does anyone know any breeders in Warwickshire.
Ideally I would like a dog from the same lines, but the lady I had mine from is now really old and doesn't have dogs anymore. The affix was Veraton, I know Vera used to do a lot of field trials, does anyone know how I could find a puppy with some Veraton in its pedigree. A little further back in Jet's pedigree is Westhead Shot of Drakeshead, Kenswick Hamish, Swift of Swinbrook, so some well known dogs.
Hope someone can help me.
Nicky

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi nicky
Welcome back to the forums

I have got to agree with karen, the way the first half of this year has gone, the end of the year will soon come.

All the best lol :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Nicky

I know someone on this site who is currently tearing his hair out with his new puppy will know loads about those pedigree names you mentioned.

Nicky which part of Nuneaton do you come from, I went to George Eliot School there, do I know you? Daft question, tell me more about yourself, Nuneaton is a small town we’ve bound to have crossed paths at some point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Michaela

Thanks for the info and I hope he'll be in touch.
I used to live on Hinckley Road (Larry Grayson's house, god it was a mess). I went to Higham Lane from 1983 - 1987, and after that I worked at various boarding kennels near Nuneaton, and used to get 'rather drunk' down Madisons.
Nice to speak to you.
Nicky

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pity you won't have a pup in time for the meet-up but you should pop by anyway and have a chat as it is not too far from you :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Nicky

I remember Larry's house very well, mum & dad were good friends with him when he lived there. I remember a girl called Jackie lived there after that I either went to college with her or met her at Madisons I can't remember. I went to NWCTA from 1983 to 1985 so was around the same time as yourself.
Madisons and Rumours I remember them well, perhaps we were chucking up in the loos together!!!
I lived in Whitestone by the way, haven't been back to Nuneaton for ages, all my family still live there I usually just visit them and not come into town.

Sorry to hear you have lost both of your labs, I lost mine 7 months ago today, it's a wrench isn't it Glad you are having another, I am too it's so quiet without them around. I will hopefully have another next year just waiting on the breeder.
Hope to speak to you soon

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Nicky

So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Jet and Murphy - I do hope you can give a new pup a loving home soon.

Tracey is right - you should come along to the get-together - plenty of labs to fuss over! It would be lovely to meet you.

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the meet

Hi everyone, I've been looking at info for the meet and I had thought of coming along, although I'll probably be crying as I used to walk for hours there with Jet especially and I've not been there since.
It would be nice to meet you all
Thanks for all your kind words.
Nicky

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Madisons

Hi Michaela, Jackie is my older sister, I do vaguely remember her having a friend called Michaela. She did go to tech at that time. What was your surname so I can ask her.
Yeah I did spend a lot of time in the loos chucking up, what fun!
I've just read about Ollie and send you a pm. I'm still crying my eyes out.
Nicky

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Nicky

Just sent you a PM I do know how you are feeling.

It must be your sister Jackie then that I remember from tech. My surname was, no laughing folks, Randle. Maybe she will remember me or not depends how much alcohol was consumed at the time!

I do hope you decide to come to the get together I will be dogless as well so you won't be on your own.

Hope to speak with you soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Michaela, yes Jackie does remember you as soon as I said your name, she said you were big friends with Diane Gane, Jackie is still good friends with Diane and Julia Deeming. What a small world!
Jackie is going to dig out a photo of you and remembered that you used to rent a house from Keith "White Sounds" Tyson in Oaston Road.
Anyway that's all for now, speak with you soon.
Nicky

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Nicky

Ah yes Diane I met at nursery when I was 4 and we went to all the same schools & then college, I think Julia & Jackie came along when we were all at college.
Oh my god photos oh no, I’ll have awful spiky hair & dreadful dress sense oh dear god please don’t embarrass me now! In Ollie’s photo album there is a more up to date photo of me.
Yes I used to rent a flat from Keith in Oaston Road for a while after I split with my husband then I moved back over to Coventry where I bought my own house & got my little Ollie.
Speak to you soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts