Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone....

I lost my nerve on coming along to a couple when the Bug was so small, but met up with Sharon and Carlylab last week and we loved it so much, I thought I should take the plunge and see if I can organise one!?

I think Greenham Common is very much Vonandruf's patch - so I do hope you don't mind me suggesting there Yvonne? - the pics from your last one look so fab!!

How about Sunday morning on 6th September? or perhaps the Saturday is better? - I promise to bring along some chewy bics and sugary donuts!!

Gerry and Beetle x

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'll be up for it - but cant do the Saturday (infact can't do any saturdays from Sept - May (new Netball Season nearly upon us..)

(if not Greenham - how about the "one" that Ness & Yvonne "found" recently....)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very intriguing

More than happy to visit "the one"

Would kinda prefer Sunday too (will be childfree)

Anyone else for the Sunday??

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
"The one" is a "proper walk" so might not be what Gezza was looking for from a GT.

I'll be posting about that soon in a different thread.

Happy to do a Greenham GT as well though, but I can't do the first 2 weekends in Sept.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does Bank Holiday Sunday or Monday suit better?

Would like to try and avoid your Swindon day Sharon - is that one decided?

Gerry

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd love to come along too if I can. My only other attempt to come to a GT was scuppered by stomach flu, so hopefully I'll have more luck this time.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooh exciting! - would be lovely to see you Kate....more the merrier

So tentatively looking at Bank Holiday Monday? 31st August?

Just need to check with Sharon and the timing of her netballers walk (Beetle desperate for another Carly kiss)

Ness - would you be able to make BH Monday?

g

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Soz missed this last week - I havent set a date for the Stanton walk, so could do BH Mon for this one, and I'll do stanton for the Sunday (or vice-versa).....

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool....

Lets settle on Bank Holiday Monday @ Greenham. How about late morning - say 11ish?

Gerry

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I may or may not be around BH Mon - waiting to see what the weather does - if the sun is shining we'll be going away. But don't change the date for me - if I'm around, I'll come along.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just giving this a mini bump since I am on hols from Sat 22-29, so won't be around...

Am I right in thinking that Yvonne, Sharon and me are definites? with Kate and Ness as possibles? (alhtough we're all hoping this weather continues, so most likely for Ness to be camping!)

So - anyone else welcome....I will bring some gooey donuts!!. We'll meet at 11am in the main carpark of Greenham Common which is on Bury's Bank Road. This is the way I know, but Yvonne, since you are the local, please advise if I have made a mistake:

1. Turn off the main A339 (towards tesco/retail park/Hilton) that runs straight through Newbury at the roundabout where the college is. I think this road is called Pinchington Lane

2. Carry on past the retail bits - straight on, straight on. You will arrive at the junction with Bury's Bank Road. There is a small triangular car park here - ignore that one and go down the road

3. Main car park on the right down the hill somewhere.

I will log back in on 30th and PM my mobile to anyone that can come along..

Gerry and Beetle

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Directions sound good Gerry. I would say the best way to know you're in the right place is it's the big Car Park next to a mini roundabout along Bury's Bank Road and you'll see the old airport tower.

We will be there and it would be lovely to see you again Margaret and the gorgeous Tara.

If the weather's like this the dogs will be straight in the water.

Yvonne

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Margaret

Great to hear that you and Bob will come along too!!

I've just got back from M&D's having left the Bug there for his own Summer hols....oooh the house is so quiet!! and OH and I not sure what to do with our lie in tomorrow morning!! :wink:

See Y'all on 31st

x

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
As Rupert's not well enough yet to come away camping with us, we're not going away this weekend, so we'll probably be able to make a GT on the Monday.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Can I just add.... if anyone is going to come and join us on Monday morning, I am looking for donations for the Rupert Car Boot Sale.

Donations of any books/junk you have laying about the house which you think I could earn a bob or two from selling at a Car Boot would be gratefully received. Also, I am making tonnes of preserves at the moment to sell at the same Car Boot, but I am running out of jars, so if anyone has any jam jars at home that are clean and re-useable, I would LOVE them please so pretty please can you bring those along too?

Many thanks, and Rupert will thank you all as well!!

See you all at 11am, I will have Ozzie, Vegas and Rupert Bear with me (watch out for Rupert, he is dangerous with his Buster Collar on and loves nothing more than bruising shins and thighs :D )

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool!

See y'all there. I think we are Yvonne, Sharon, Margaret and me - and of course anyone else who can come along!

Just back from hols today Ness, so I will do my best to uncover a box of stuff (we have so much c**p in this house).

Off to catch up on a few thousand posts since last week!

g

1 - 20 of 30 Posts