Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever we are out walking, Molly always eats grass .. is this normal, or is she deficient in her diet?.

Any advice welcome.

Rgds

Mark

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Mark,

Shadow also eats grass sometimes and doesn't seem to suffer because of it. Don't know if it's a difficiency, but I think it's quite normal. I have heard that it's supposed to purge their system of toxins etc - don't know if that is an old wive's tale or not?

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi mark

my labs would make great stand ins for cows..lol.there always eating grass and when i mow the lawn there right there behind me picking it up and eating..lol..

sometimes they eat it to make themselves sick and sometimes they just eat it

but i have heard there is something in the grass that either settles the stomach or like i said makes them sick...all my dogs have always ate grass so i am not that worryed about it :):)

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Yes, its just like us taking a dose of andrews to settle out tums,dylan has been eating it non stop lately,but theres no harm in it so i let him carry on,lynne + dylan.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
molly is a bugger for digging up the garden. people often say to fence her off, but i just don't have the heart to limit her forages.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi mark....

Its said that once a dog experinces a mild uneasiness in their stomach or an upset stomach they eat grass to settle their system.... I've seen even street dogs do the same.....Nuthing to worry.....

Have a nice day
Vidhya & Frodo

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
It's nothing to worry about - one of my parents' dogs is like a lawn mower sometimes :lol:

Corbie isn't particial to it yet though, usually too busy picking up rubbish and our lawn is a mess :lol:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't think anyone's sure of the reasons, but many dogs enjoy chomping grass. Mine likes the young long shoots - not so funny pulling them out the other end though :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
That is really horrible, especially when most of the street are out watching and wondering what the hell you are doing,lynne.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Brady loves pulling up the grass by the roots, but he usually spits it out. In fact, digging is his hobby of choice at the moment. He has figured out how to access the vegetable patch and is having fun "turning the soil" for us this week- and making massive muddy pawprints all over the house! :p

Needless to say we aren't going to bother planting much this year :roll:

Rona

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
roszes digging has got so bad that we are now considereing tarmacing the rest of the garden..lol..i tryed to mow the lawn but fell down that many holes i gave up...lol..
im dreading putting my flowers in pots and baskets if i put them high enough she might not get them..lol..heres wishing anyway..lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts